Killjoys 1.02: The Sugar Point Run

Warren_Paul

Banishment this world!
I thought the second episode held up pretty well, expanded more on the world building by introducing other regions of the world and the factions that operate in them, which is more than I can say for Dark Matter. Love how they blend in the music so well with the feeling of the scenes. And the CG work is top notch. I like the on screen chemistry between the main characters.

Some of the acting from minor characters is a bit weak, but that's minor, just like they are.

Really enjoying it. Might even be my favorite of the week at the moment, now that GoT has ended.

This series has rocked for two consecutive episodes. Lots of action and situational complexity.

Dutch's story keeps simmering in the background, as does D'Avin's. We don't know much about John, either, but it seems that nobody's asking. I like the relationship John has with the ship's AI, Lucy.

Can't wait for episode 3.

I'm actually liking this series better than DARK MATTER.

Don't have time to watch both series and so far, this one is winning. I'll watch episode 3 of both series and then make my decision.

My triumvirate. Killjoys, Dark Matter and Orphan Black. A round house kick.

But is anyone else a little freaked about Dutch's cyberspider necklace? Wicked cool but uber creepy.

That - and WHISPERING PINES - are my Sci-fi viewing this summer.

You mean Wayward Pines? -- M. Night Shyamalan found his mojo again with this show. Been good.

Or you talking about The Whispers? -- IMO, Whispers has been pretty Under the Dome level of deus ex machinca rediculous plot and acting.

You mean Wayward Pines? -- M. Night Shyamalan found his mojo again with this show. Been good.

Or you talking about The Whispers? -- IMO, Whispers has been pretty Under the Dome level of deus ex machinca rediculous plot and acting.

GAH! Yes, I meant WAYWARD PINES. *Brain turns to mush on Sundays*

I've only watched two episodes.

My thoughts so far: They all have a lot of secrets. Way too many. D'avin said that to trust your partner you need to not have secrets. If he's going to become part of the team then his lame excuse for being in the Quad system doesn't wash, but why has John never asked Dutch about her background or her training, or where she disappears to. Dutch still trusts John even though he lied to her in the first episode. D'avin is right, you can't trust someone who keeps secrets.

Anyway, I like it. Bounty Hunters in Space! So, it's a kind of Boba Fett in a Firefly lookalike universe. There is even the evil but powerful Corporation. No doubt they will be found to be up to something very sinister too.

Keep watching it, Dave ! It gets better and better. I don't want to spoil it for you, but if you watch the others episodes and series, you'll notice John knows much more about Dutch than he appears to know in the first episodes.

I just noticed that old threads have been reunited all together in here, so I would like to thank you for that. :)