Star Trek - Discovery - 1.01: The Vulcan Hello

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
First Episode:

> Great visuals
> Good acting
> Good story
> Unsatisfactory ending - you couldn't tell if they would be back after the commercial, or what. Need better cut-off points than that, even for 2-parters.

First Episode:

> Great visuals
> Good acting
> Good story
> Unsatisfactory ending - you couldn't tell if they would be back after the commercial, or what. Need better cut-off points than that, even for 2-parters.

It wasn't half bad. Most of Trek isn't half bad. I've never been totally obsessed with the franchise like some, but it's good to have it back on TV. Lot's of great sci-fi on TV is always a good thing and I think we are at that point in time with technology, now to make a bunch more sci-fi shows that we couldn't even ten years ago!

I demand to know how much time travel is involved with the Klingon sub-plot.

I don't think this one will have a long run.

Good, but..... The scene on the desert planet just screamed Star Wars!!! I wasn't a big fan of the subtitles and the Klingon language. Also the tech level in this "prequel" is obviously superior to the tech in the original series.

Good, but..... The scene on the desert planet just screamed Star Wars!!! I wasn't a big fan of the subtitles and the Klingon language. Also the tech level in this "prequel" is obviously superior to the tech in the original series.

Also why do do they all have the enterprise emblem on their uniform ? In the original series every ship had its own emblem and the uniforms are another problem. , If this was 10 years before the original series they'd be wearing uniforms like on Pike enterprise . Also I don't recall their being any hologram communication technology used in the original.

Also why do do they all have the enterprise emblem on their uniform ? In the original series every ship had its own emblem and the uniforms are another problem. , If this was 10 years before the original series they'd be wearing uniforms like on Pike enterprise . Also I done't recall their being any hologram communication technology used in the original.

1) Before the desert camo uniforms, fatigues lasted about twenty years (US Army).

2) To think hologram communications wouldn't exist by this show's time is ludicrous. Now you're blaming the lack of 1960s technology to say this show is bad!

1) Before the desert camo uniforms, fatigues lasted about twenty years (US Army).

2) To think hologram communications wouldn't exist by this show's time is ludicrous. Now you're blaming the lack of 1960s technology to say this show is bad!

It didn't exist in the original show Cathbad and that creates a real continuity problem here that you can't ignore because it's inconvenient.

It didn't exist in the original show Cathbad and that creates a real continuity problem here that you can't ignore because it's inconvenient.

It's not inconvenient at all - since the basics of that technology exists now!

I also didn't see a microwave food cooker on the original series, or self-driving cars. Are we to assume, by that, they don't exist in this time frame, either?

It's not inconvenient at all - since the basics of that technology exists now!

I also didn't see a microwave food cooker on the original series, or self-driving cars. Are we to assume, by that, they don't exist in this time frame, either?

Thats not he point Cathbad, what they've done here is a problem , you cannot get around it.

they're taking 1960's science fiction tv show and creating a 21 century prequel whose look and feel cannot in any shape of form be a believable prequel to that show . It doesn't work Cathbad.

Back