Help: I remember the story but not the name of the book nor its author!!! (an Epic Fantasy)

subzeroking

Hi ya all!

A few years ago, I listened to a great audio book in the genre of Epic Fantasy (my favorite). I wanted to find and listen to it again but I've forgotten its name and its author. I remember parts of the plot and some of the characters. I would be grateful if somebody helped me out.

I remember this character whose father, I think, was a God King or something. He had left his family and was trying to stay away but had to go back at the end. His dark power was symbolized by a kind of black tattoo which he had suppressed but had to tap into at the end to fight his father. He and his siblings had to complete some feats to get their powers and inherit their father's throne.

There was a dark Goddess who had been summoned (unintentionally) by this character's people and was being worshiped by them and an order of priests. I remember that for raising some creatures a large number of people had to be killed and there were these monsters which were called forth and that goddess (I remember her name was Kali or something like that) had come when they had tried to raise the ultimate monster. She was kept somewhere and her dark power could be felt in her proximity.

There was also a magical sword that could only be wielded by somebody possessing immense power.

I don't remember much else.

Hi,

The first part of this sounds like Zelazny's princes in Amber series where Corwin has been living on Earth for centuries, hiding away from his father Oberon. And instead of tattoo they"walked the pattern". It's a series of nine books.

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

The first part of this sounds like Zelazny's princes in Amber series where Corwin has been living on Earth for centuries, hiding away from his father Oberon. And instead of tattoo they"walked the pattern". It's a series of nine books.

Cheers, Greg.
unfortunately this is not it. I think what I'm looking for is a trilogy. Thanks anyway, though!

I aslo remember that the senior priest of that order of priests was taking that goddess to a field where many years ago a huge battle had taken place. He was going to use her power to raise an army from those who had been killed in that battle.

Hey I finally think I have one!

This is the Night angel trilogy by Brent Weeks. I am almost positive.

The tattoo you are talking about is on a character called Sol and is called the Vir. Kali is a dark goddess who is the ultimate incarnation of Vir. The more people killed the more could be raised, kill 13 and you raise a Krull, then like a Nightmare Lord etc etc and after you kill like 13 million the Goddess is raised.

There is a blade of power called Curoch and a lot of the plot centers around these magical balls called Kakari.

Kylar Stern is the main character and he gets trained as an assassin or "wet boy" by Durzo Blint who ends up being some very old warrior in possession of the Kakari.

Overall I found it a decent series, no real depth but plenty of pew pew action.

Hey I finally think I have one!

This is the Night angel trilogy by Brent Weeks. I am almost positive.

The tattoo you are talking about is on a character called Sol and is called the Vir. Kali is a dark goddess who is the ultimate incarnation of Vir. The more people killed the more could be raised, kill 13 and you raise a Krull, then like a Nightmare Lord etc etc and after you kill like 13 million the Goddess is raised.

There is a blade of power called Curoch and a lot of the plot centers around these magical balls called Kakari.

Kylar Stern is the main character and he gets trained as an assassin or "wet boy" by Durzo Blint who ends up being some very old warrior in possession of the Kakari.

Overall I found it a decent series, no real depth but plenty of pew pew action.
THAT'S IT! Thank you so much! May you roam ever so silently forever!