Red Dwarf XII

It's interesting how the title sequences change over the years - when Red Dwarf originally started with:

Just seen the first episode of the series. Rather liked it.

The second episode Siliconia, was top quality Dwarf. The opening sequence with Lister and Kryten was classic! The episode started strong and stayed strong to the end. I hope the rest of the series can match it!

The latest episode, M-Corp, was fantastic. I loved the ending!

Returning Dave to age 23 and ending the show with the original series opening was great, but should have been used in the last episode this series. It would have made a great ending to Red Dwarf if no further series are ever made.

Last edited:
I agree on that point, Vince.

The non-partisan but topical line on micro-transactions and hidden charges is very timely.

There seems to be a fair old bit of harking back to the very first episodes in this series, which was nice at first but is now a bit... meh. I've just seen the Skipper ep. I won't spoil it for you.

Series XII is a win.

Haven't seen Skipper yet, but I have to agree. Most episodes easily pass the "Six Laugh Test", with a couple of episodes as good as anything harking back to the glory days of the early 90s. I think the decision to dispense with the gimmickry, lose the long-form narrative, and return to the sitcom essence of the show (ie stuck on Red Dwarf 3 million years in deep space) has forced the writers into writing, er, a sitcom. Really pleased for them all.

Oh yeah, it's still funny but it's a bit like they've thought 'ok, we know this was funny first time round so we'll just do that again cos we can't think of new funny'. I love Rimmer-centric so was a bit disappointed by that ep, I guess.