The Man Who Saved The World.

There was an incident in 1995 when the Russian military thought a launch from Sweeden was a decapitation strike by the US. They even got the football out. Boris Yeltsin didn't believe it and the missile tracked off to sea. So, Boris Yeltsin is also a hero, strangely.

There was an incident in 1995 when the Russian military thought a launch from Sweeden was a decapitation strike by the US. They even got the football out. Boris Yeltsin didn't believe it and the missile tracked off to sea. So, Boris Yeltsin is also a hero, strangely.
Ah good old Boris.

I remember the TV shots of the failed 1991 coup with him standing on a tank outside the Russian parliament (which became known as The White House) shaking his fist and rallying his followers. In 1998 I visited Russia and watched what I can only describe as Moskva Spitting Image on TV (google Spitting Image if you don't know what I'm on about). There was a scene with Gorby trying to land a burning plane whilst Boris talked him down to safety. It was all in Russian but the sentiment was obvious.

Big Boris. Drunken Boris. Ranting Boris. You will always be a hero to me:)