Electric Dreams

I'm really looking forward to this series. In many regards, Dick's short fiction is better than his longer work. I do wonder how faithful the series will be, and if it really should be?

I guess each episode will be very different, with different directors and cast. I've only read some of the stories they are adapting and those quite a while ago so I'm not sure how much I'll notice any discrepancies.

I'm hoping there will be an electric sheep in one of the episodes

Pop over to the Guardian's web site, they've run a couple of articles on Electric Dreams + plus plenty of comments. I'm a long time fan of PKD and this will be an opportunity to get all analytical. :) Am recording them.

This was a good series, problem is it should have appeared in 1965 were it would have fit better!
I was disappointed that a Dick masterpiece story AutoFac had modifications that undercut Dick's clever surprise in the prose story.
An odd thing about this series was that all the stories were adapted from magazine short stories Dick wrote before 1956!

I really enjoyed the TV adaptations of the short stories. The TV adaptations of the short stories are significantly different from the short stories themselves.

Last edited:
That figures! I'm not in the UK! Maybe I'll find it online somewhere.