Killjoys Season 1 Recap

Kylara

Ghosting
I really enjoyed Killjoys. Much better than Dark Matter. More original in its storylines, even if the ideas themselves weren't 100% original. The thing I felt worked best was how the writers didn't feel the need to keep reminding the viewer that there were secret things that you don't know about, and secret plots, and danger, and not being super in your face with not telling you things like DM did. There's a certain level of "the viewer will have to keep up" attitude which I enjoyed. Really looking forward to season 2.

SyFy have joined up with another production so not surprised they are giving their 2 new flagships a second season. Good to see some interesting SF back on the TV :)

I haven't seen this yet, but might pick up the Blu Ray in a week or two. Sounds interesting.

I just bought Series 1 on Blu Ray and i will try and watch it this weekend.

Very excited.

Okay, so I watched this yesterday in one sitting. I loved it. Great stories, great characters and Lucy's a great ship.

I'm interested where they're going to go with this. The company is awful and there are seeds of rebellion everywhere.

Very much looking forward to series two.

It's confirmed. Killjoys will have 5 full seasons. It seems you had only the first season in UK and Australia and if you liked it, believe me, you will love also the next one.

Here you have a recap for the first one:

Last edited:
I saw Vagrant Queen last week and really enjoyed it. It made me want to watch Killjoys in its entirety as I’d only seen the first two seasons of the show. I don’t know why, but I just put it down and didn’t fancy to pick it up again. Still, i just finished rewatching season one and very much enjoyed it.

I thought that the Quad was complete and very well realised. Sure, it looked its budget in places, but generally it looked great.

Some great episodes, i thought. My personal favourite was "A Glitch in the System".

The main characters were great, but it was the quality of the supporting characters really well done. Delle Seyah Kendry and Khlyen were great.

I liked Lucy and the ship design based on a Manta Ray was awesome. (I always enjoy Lucy's banter and her fondness for Johnny.)

Although i didn't like the title song, i really enjoyed the soundtrack and there was at least one catchy song in each episode.

I think that it's probably one of the best first season of any series i have seen (with the exception of maybe Firefly and BSG). Looking forward to season 2.