Geocaching - Real Life Treasure Hunt!

1. AlexanderSen

AlexanderSen Cosmic Ghost

I tried Geocaching a little while ago, it was great fun. It's like a Treasure/Easter Egg Hunt, and or a video game which breaks the 4th wall. Try it if you have the chance. Good times! :D

Geocaching

2. Rodders

Rodders |-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

I have a couple of geocache coins (tokens) in my collection, but I've never been geocaching. How does it work?

3. Mouse

Mouse ejtett.weebly.com

Rodders, download the app and then your phone tells you how near you are to a geocache. I'm sure you can google locations and join forums and whatnot too.

I've been letterboxing on Lundy Island, which is kinda similar, and I've accidentally found geocaches on Dartmoor (but no letterboxes, which is was I was really looking for).

4. Ursa major

Ursa major Bearly Believable Staff Member

I'd never heard of this before today, so was surprised to see how old this activity was (160+ years).

According to Wikipedia, Dartmoor is where letterboxing began:

5. Mouse

Mouse ejtett.weebly.com

Yeah, I keep meaning to do it properly (i.e. start at Cranmere Pool) but just end up having a random look around anywhere and never finding anything.

6. J Riff

J Riff The Ants are my friends..

I think I will stick to dumpsters and donation boxes, where many good books, clothes, and household appliances are to be found. )