Space Mac

Mouse

Seems pretty quiet on Chrons at the mo so I'm gonna go ahead and announce this now and then come back and add to it when I have more info like cover art and actual release dates and whatnot...

Anywho, last November I did the NaNoWriMo with a few other Chronners. I wrote a daft sci-fi rom com which was then accepted by NineStar Press. (Yay!) Quickest flipping not-even-an-idea to actually-accepted-for-publication ever.

Mouse the sci-fi author, who'da thought it, eh? It's more of a space fantasy really. And it's very off-the-cuff. Those of you who've read my 75/300 worders tend to know what my off-the-cuff stuff ends up like. See also Earth Born - Kraxon Magazine .

Beta comments include:
"This is really good, and I've been laughing out loud, literally, and getting funny looks from passers-by (reading it as a .mobi on my phone). You'd never think it was a nano first draft. I actually hate you lol!" From our @Kerrybuchanan

And "Fun, and quirky, but also very sweet" from @Juliana

So keep an eye out for when it's released cos it's a bit mad.

:ROFLMAO:

Be still my heart! A Mouse S.F? Do let me know it will immediately be on my "must be read" pile.

In space, good. Has word Space in title, has ETs, (which is the preferred term to aliens, these days) - Short for extraterrestrials which is a good solid SF word, and long too, so it fills up the book quicker. But how to acquire it, 1st ed. PB preferably?

Woohoo! NSP have been putting out some serious quality!
Yeah NSP are fab.
Well, they certainly got it right, publishing Whitecott Manor. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC. Not sff, but very well-written (as ever, with Mouse), and a thoroughly enjoyable read, with great characters (I always think Mouse's books feel like ensemble pieces, as secondary characters are fleshed out as much as the MCs). I will put up a review on Goodreads and Twitter soon.

Look forward to seeing Space Jam in the not-so-distant future.

Ah, but this isn't the first one. I remember some girl with a space mop.

Athanasia was published in Mischief Corner Books quarterly magazine last December. That was only a short story though. I'm impressed you remembered!

Athanasia was published in Mischief Corner Books quarterly magazine last December. That was only a short story though. I'm impressed you remembered!

Oh cool, I'm glad the intergalactic janitor found a home.

I'm amazed at what I can remember sometimes. Also depressed at what I can't.