Discussion Thread -- September 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Tightfisted Networks and Cheap Facades, @D.A. Xiaolin Spires – Well blow me down! The façade is starting to crack (somewhat literally) in this tale of a certain well-known scarlet starlet.

The Guilt of Hindsight, @Hugh – It can be difficult for children when parents re-marry, but this girl’s flight of escapist fantasy has gotten out of hand. Glass slippers are a serious health-and-safety hazard!

I'm in. Seventh idea, third rewrite. This was a tough one for me. But after I paddle-balled my brain for a few days, I came up with some-thing.

Thank you Lady Victoria for your spot-on review. :)

I can only imagine what the others wrote. :rolleyes: I gotta check em' out soon.

I'm in. Seventh idea, third rewrite. This was a tough one for me. But after I paddle-balled my brain for a few days, I came up with some-thing.

My daughter having recently received a box set of these books (which are, I believe, not as well known over here in the UK), I find myself oddly sympathetic toward the protagonist.

cg-overlay-img.jpg

Oh boy. What have I done? (sigh)

I should have listened to my instincts and quietly not entered this month. It's going to get ugly for me this September. I can't explain the "whys", "meanings" and well, everything. That would be breaking the "no talky about your own story" rule. I'm finished.........

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAI0AAAAJDdmYjExMDQ3LTU2MzYtNDhhMi1iNWYyLWQzNzgxYjNlZmIyNg.jpg

I like the image of the man walking quietly away on his lonely path.
I spent some time, years ago, looking for a gif of someone muttering and kicking at clumps of grass. This was to evoke a similar emotion: )

@chrispenycate .... Answers an age old question how was Rapunzel able to take the weight of a climber? We don't know. We know why no one really climbed and we know why Rapunzel was not one to say "Almost Cut My Hair."

Curious George in "Wacky Time", @Starbeast – After many years, the tolerance of a long-suffering pet owner finally reaches its limit. This time, it looks like George may be well-and-truly stuffed.

Almost cut my hair… @chrispenycate – Be wary, oh princes bold, for here’s a story not yet told. Of hair of gold, bright and fair, leading to a brigand’s lair. Do not be tempted by maidens high, you’ll find yourself wishing that you could fly.

Almost cut my hair… @chrispenycate – Be wary, oh princes bold, for here’s a story not yet told. Of hair of gold, bright and fair, leading to a brigand’s lair. Do not be tempted by maidens high, you’ll find yourself wishing that you could fly.

Brilliant!!

@Old_Man_Steve2016 .... Shows us the story behind one of the worst earworms that was ever written or sung.... B.I.N.G.0. of course "Here We Know it as....".

@Heijan Xavier .... Reminds us that that revenge like "Cheese is a Dish Best Served Cold."

Back