Game of Thrones: 7.07 - The Dragon and the Wolf

No doubt the magic side of things will be key next season. Hopefully Bran will do something more interesting as revealing Jon's heritage and ending Littlefinger's influence were not great uses of his powers in terms of the story. There was such a big deal about him getting beyond the wall and becoming The Three Eyed Raven.
I'm hoping the last episode will be after the Whitewalkers defeat and there will be a final spot of intrigue or backstabbing to play out in the end.

it's interesting to speculate

That could be the tagline for the entire series, and also why the ending will almost inevitably lead viewers/readers feeling short-changed, because most of the speculation will either be answered, or pointless. It's this, I think, as much as the conflict between high and low fantasy, or logistical impossibilities, that are causing a certain amount of angst. It will soon be over, and the time of wondering what will happen will never come again.

I've seen a lot of chatter on YouTube suggesting that Bran is actually the Night King:

There are pros and cons to the argument - but what strikes me is the reference to what Old Nan mentions early in the first book, when GRRM was a lot more blatant with his foreshadowing and plotting.

I will wait and see. :)

Last edited:
Whew, I've finished. I was disappointed to see this was the last episode of the series (it was a month between me watching episode 6 and 7), though it was extra long and very good. A bit of an annoying cliffhanger for those who've had to wait so long for series 8, which I'm also sad to see will be the last.

I'm considering signing up for a streaming service (Now TV) for the first time to watch the final series. Avoiding spoilers has been difficult. I thought commentaries were safe as none I'd watched had spoilers, then a director/producer or someone big spoiled one death that was a big shock and about 7 or 8 episodes away.

Now I can get on to finishing Breaking Bad (series 3 is probably the best series of anything I've seen) which has been far easier to avoid spoilers.

On PS4, Now TV is very buggy. I can watch an episode of Twin Peaks and when I try to get back to the episode select screen at the end of the episode, the app crashes, a spinning timer wheel being the only thing on screen.

I have to close it and reopen it. Only thirty seconds but it’s just sloppy and has been like this for two years - even through updates.

I’d recommend Netflix or Amazon Prime over Now Tv.

pH

On PS4, Now TV is very buggy. I can watch an episode of Twin Peaks and when I try to get back to the episode select screen at the end of the episode, the app crashes, a spinning timer wheel being the only thing on screen.

I have to close it and reopen it. Only thirty seconds but it’s just sloppy and has been like this for two years - even through updates.

I’d recommend Netflix or Amazon Prime over Now Tv.

pH
Thanks. No Game of Thrones though! I'll be using a PC, so hopefully okay.

Just got through this as part of my re-watch of Season 7 before Season 8 begins, and is anyone else a bit underwhelmed by the night king getting through the wall be dragon? I mean, what was his plan if Dany hadn't sent her dragon up to be killed? bit of a reverse deus ex machina as far as I can see. would have been better if the dragon had been used to devastate the wall/wildlings and then the horn of joramun or something similar was used to finish the job

anyway, enough about that, on to season 8

yeah, season 7 was a dissapointment in many ways. Dany's and Jon's plans taking the cake.