Game of Thrones: 7.06 - Beyond the Wall

I was shouting to him to use the bloody hammer after he realised the ice was strong enough to carry the dead. Compared to the living, the dead doesn't have the problem as most of them should be frozen dry or fallen off. To me I was surprised most of them were walking.

Why Hound just stood there and not used all those muscles? It was as if he was frozen after he realised they were effed, because there was no channel between them and the rock. That hammer could have bought them more time, if he'd done it. But I guess it wasn't dramatic enough to see the dead massing just few meters away.

Another night and the dead waiting in a circle around the rock to wait the cap to freeze again could had given more drama. Maybe even upped the tension for the dragon force to arrive. Cavalry-always-comes-to-a-rescue trope, yes?

I hope the Arya/Sansa sparring is resolved next week. Though most likely with Littlefinger's death or with Jon returning to shout some sense in to them I would much prefer the season ending with Arya impaling Sansa. Maybe she could follow that up with impersonating Sansa and stabbing Littlefinger. Though it would leave some questions for the Northern Lords and could be time for Arya to head off to kill Cersei.
I also hope the season doesn't end with a clip of Dany and Jon staring off in to the sunset with the 2 Dragons flapping around. Too many episodes have shown Dany and the Dragons as the ending. A bit of horror would serve much better for the likes of me.

As I said to someone else; if we as authors wrote the events as shown on the episode, and got critiqued we'd be told we'd fail suspension of disbelief re 1) the speed of Gendry's, raven's & Danaerys' journey, and 2) This supposed love that Jon feels for Danaerys. 3) Uncle Ben's arrival.

I enjoyed the episode but by god it took the ****

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Ok one thing to throw in. Did anyone notice (or since seen on social media) that the eyes on the pommel of Jon's sword opened when he gripped it as he climbed out of the ice?

I am wondering is this just an "Easter egg" or is this something significant?

Even though the episode director says they don't open and it happens at the moment there are splashes? A true conspiracy theorist!

Btw, if Jon Snow is truly Aegon what does signify for the fAegon in the books. Also what was Rhaegar and/or Lyanna thinking. Naming another of Rhaegar his children Aegon after his first son was already named Aegon. Basically Rhaegar children as it stands are Rhaenys, Aegon and Aegon.... that is just stupid.

Even though the episode director says they don't open and it happens at the moment there are splashes? A true conspiracy theorist!

I accept they do not open but it is nothing to do with splashes. It is reflection as they are in fact crystals and I was not wrong when I noticed they remained dark. I just did not know the reason.

Your comment is both unmerited and unneccessary

I must begin by saying (for the few of you that don't already know:)) that Arya is my girl till the end! She and Sansa have never gotten along. She has this letter portraying Sansa as on the Lannister side. Sansa married both Tyrion and Ramsey. She also feels (rightly I believe) that Sansa would be happy if Jon never came back. I will say she has no idea what Sansa has been through and if their places had been switched they would both be dead. Would she actually kill her? Maybe.
As to who is playing whom? Remains to be seen. But LF is certainly the expert, so I'm a little worried about my girl. Everytime I see her I yell at the TV "Littlefingers face!"

One thing that very few have mentioned is Bran. He is going to be key, and already is, we just have not seen it yet. The 3 eyed raven sent Benjen to rescue Bran. Bran is now the 3 eyed raven, he sent Benjen to rescue Jon.He is certainly watching every move LF makes. Will he allow it to progress to the point of one sister killing the other? Doubtful. Also, he is the only one who knows Jon's true parentage, which should mean we need Sansa around to be the Lady of Winterfell!

Btw, if Jon Snow is truly Aegon what does signify for the fAegon in the books. Also what was Rhaegar and/or Lyanna thinking. Naming another of Rhaegar his children Aegon after his first son was already named Aegon. Basically Rhaegar children as it stands are Rhaenys, Aegon and Aegon.... that is just stupid.

I think it's fairly well accepted (if not canonically confirmed) that Jon's Targ name is Jaeherys.

well from the spoilers i've heard of, the show is going a different route.

One thing that very few have mentioned is Bran. He is going to be key, and already is, we just have not seen it yet. The 3 eyed raven sent Benjen to rescue Bran. Bran is now the 3 eyed raven, he sent Benjen to rescue Jon.He is certainly watching every move LF makes.

In theory Bran could had seen Jon and his companions in danger and many other things. He could have even warned Dany that she was about to lose ships and allies. But he didn't. He has been completely silent about many events even though it is highly likely he witnessed each and everyone of them. Maybe even in real time, which to me, would be mind-boggling.

A true clairvoyant capable of observing world where he is would be a great thing to utilize, but it would also break many dramatic developments as a seer is even better than our mechanical devices. For some reason Bran doesn't involve himself into any of these events.

In theory Bran could had seen Jon and his companions in danger and many other things. He could have even warned Dany that she was about to lose ships and allies. But he didn't. He has been completely silent about many events even though it is highly likely he witnessed each and everyone of them. Maybe even in real time, which to me, would be mind-boggling.

A true clairvoyant capable of observing world where he is would be a great thing to utilize, but it would also break many dramatic developments as a seer is even better than our mechanical devices. For some reason Bran doesn't involve himself into any of these events.

Yeah as powerful as Bran is he seems to have become a voyeur and not an active participant. Hopefully he can gain his senses and start doing something, but I worry that D&D are just going to resort to him as a deus ex machina type device rather than there being any logical reasoning behind it.

I think Bran's situation is more complicated. If he knows the ultimate outcome is favorable, why interfere along the way? Why save her ships if the current path they are on leads to success over the night king anyway?

There is also the question of how his own interference may disrupt the flow of events. The mad king theory, if true, is a fine warning of the danger of interceding. So was Hodor. I expect he will only want to interfere at the last moment when no other options are available... No reason to move every piece at all times.

I accept they do not open but it is nothing to do with splashes. It is reflection as they are in fact crystals and I was not wrong when I noticed they remained dark. I just did not know the reason.

Your comment is both unmerited and unneccessary

I don't want to get in to an argument. It indeed could be reflections but you wrote they are open, not dark...so my comment was merited. You may not have meant it, but you wrote it.

I disagree. I watched it large screen and in slow motion and I am convinced. Besides when the angle changes both eyes are open

Last edited:
The 3 eyed raven sent Benjen to rescue Bran. Bran is now the 3 eyed raven, he sent Benjen to rescue Jon.
Interesting. I wonder if they will show evidence for that next episode. It makes sense and more than makes up for his near muteness.
Some folks think the Ice King can influence him (after they had some magical contact) but that would imply not.