Chrons Dublin and Belfast cluster meet -2019

A brilliant couple of back-to-back conventions. Final day today, with a Road Trip!!

Last night, Chrispy, J-Wo, Jo Zebedee, Juliana, Ursa, and I went out for a Chrons meal. Great just to sit down and chat, even if the restaurant was very busy and a touch loud. No pics from me, as my phone was charging, but (I hope) a great time was had by all.

And, a huge thanks to Jo for all the organising and coordinating she did to arrange so much of this two-week meet-up. In case anyone is not aware, she is pretty amazing, and a really cool person. :giggle:

There is no adequate way to express just how much Jo and Kerry have made this a special visit to Ireland for me and for others.

On top of their own obligations to both WorldCon and (in particular) TitanCon/Eurocon, they (and their families) have gone literally more than the extra mile to make the experience one that will be hard to forget in terms of the joy and hospitality that they have been bestowing on others, and on their own initiative.

Truly the world is a better place for their being here.

There is no adequate way to express just how much Jo and Kerry have made this a special visit to Ireland for me and for others.

On top of their own obligations to both WorldCon and (in particular) TitanCon/Eurocon, they (and their families) have gone literally more than the extra mile to make the experience one that will be hard to forget in terms of the joy and hospitality that they have been bestowing on others, and on their own initiative.

What Ursa said.

Ursa, Chrispy and I went on a road trip today, driven around by Kerry, and her husband. A mediaeval castle,
IMG_20190825_104701791_HDR.jpg

lunch in a beautiful harbour at the bottom of cliffs,
IMG_20190825_120941387_HDR.jpg

a bit more sightseeing,
IMG_20190825_121420458.jpg

and then a trip to Bushmills Distillery.

It has been an absolute pleasure to meet everyone and spend time together :)

By the way, there were a number of less formal sculptures dotted around Dublin and Belfast, not the least of which was one near the TitanCon venue that consisted of a shepherd and his sheep, ones who look rather less keen on walking forward than he does:

1566913811268.png

Perhaps the sculptor should have included a sheepdog....