Chrons Dublin and Belfast cluster meet -2019

GAH!!! :confused:

I'm trying, and failing, to buy a train ticket for the Dublin-Belfast journey (part of which -- Newry to Belfast -- will, due to engineering works, be by bus).

The email from TitanCon telling me about this has recommended that UK residents, buy their tickets online via Translink.

I can get all the information I need to see which train I'd like to travel on, but I can't seem to see the price** (not that this matters, as I'm not going to walk to Belfast if I can help it) and I can't get it to offer me the chance to actually buy a ticket, however many times I've gone round the "Plan and Buy" loop I seem to be in.

Do I have to be some sort of member of Translink (and if so, how do I achieve this)? Or is the issue that I'm using what appears to be an Ulster-based company*** to purchase a one-way RoI to NI ticket? Or is it simpler just to hope the train isn't full**** when I roll up to the station to buy a ticket? (Given I can by a bus ticket -- well, there's a button to press to do this (recommnded in case the bus is full), but I haven't pressed that yet -- could it be that the trains are all booked up?)

Or is the issue-- sadly, I can't rule this out -- that I am simply missing an enormous button on the website's pages that states, "Buy your train ticket now"?

Not asking for a friend....

** - For buses, the site states "from £8.50", which doesn't really help when wanting to travel by train.

*** - It seems happy to let me buy a ticket for the bus/coach (assuming it doesn't tell me, just before I buy, that the bus is full).

**** - I'm hoping to travel in the afternoon, i.e. arriving not long after after the hotel booking-in time (15:00), on a Tuesday, So I would hope that the train would have seats available.

If you can’t book it, Ursa, it probably means the web fare tickets are gone. The train will run and tickets can be purchased at the station but they are more expensive. Having said that, you then have the flexibility to get any train.

If you don't manage to book this, you could maybe cadge a lift with me.
Thank you very much for the offer, but see below.
If you can’t book it, Ursa, it probably means the web fare tickets are gone.
To see if it's an issue about web availabilty, I've just looked on the Irish Rail (Iarnród Éireann) website.

The cheapest tickets (€17.99 for the two previous trains) are sold out, but they're still available for €18.99 (semi-flexible), €19.99 (flexible) and €34.99 (1st class), so I think I'll buy the ticket on that website.

Well, I've booked the ticket and received my booking info**. :) (Let's just hope that the pound hadn't plummetted against the Euro at the precise moment I bought the ticket.)

Thanks for the help. :)

** - I have to collect the ticket itself from a machine at the station. (I'd better get there in plenty of time....)

Well, I've booked the ticket and received my booking info**. :) (Let's just hope that the pound hadn't plummetted against the Euro at the precise moment I bought the ticket.)

Thanks for the help. :)

** - I have to collect the ticket itself from a machine at the station. (I'd better get there in plenty of time....)

The station is never usually that busy - compared to U.K. stations you’ll find it a breeze!

Both programmes are up! My word, the Dublin one is HUGE!

As I predicted, I'm very quiet at Belfast. I was to be moderating the writing vulnerable (but strong) male characters panel - just imagine how much I'd have loved that - but couldn't guarantee I'd be there for it, so pulled out. But I will be around as much as I can be, my daughter's recovery allowing (she's having a little op on the Friday)

Both programmes are up! My word, the Dublin one is HUGE!
I see that, in addition to your other many official appearances, you are autographing (Level 4 Foyer on Friday from 16:00 to 16:50).

All the books of yours that I have are on Kindle -- including (by the 15th of August, I hope) Distaff -- so I may have to (go mad and) purchase a physical copy of Distaff in order to get your signature on a book.

Oh, and I hope your daughter's little op goes well.

I see that, in addition to your other many official appearances, you are autographing (Level 4 Foyer on Friday from 16:00 to 16:50).

All the books of yours that I have are on Kindle -- including (by the 15th of August, I hope) Distaff -- so I may have to (go mad and) purchase a physical copy of Distaff in order to get your signature on a book.

Oh, and I hope your daughter's little op goes well.
Inspired Quill have kindly offered to stock my other books along with Waters and the Wild at their stall, which is useful. But with Distaff you can get 4 signatures on it! :)