Game of Thrones: 7.04 - The Spoils of War

Yeah, I don't like this Jon having feelings for Dany. It's almost fact the writers will be putting them together. When will the Targs finally realise how filthy incest is, and that their are ways to keep their line 'pure' (which is nonsense imo) without flagrant incest.

lol@dany proclaiming the Targs gave westeros peace and plenty. Only a few decent rulers among them.

I get not wanting flagrant incest, but the series has always been about bringing Jon and Dany together. Together they make the Song of Ice and Fire.

Doesn't mean they need to come together in a romantic way.

Together they make the Song of Ice and Fire.

Jon IS the song of ice and fire, all on his own. He is both Stark and Targaryren. And has been the center of this entire story from the begining. Roberts Rebellion all started because Rhaegar and Lyanna ran off and eloped. The books contain more in regards to prophecy than the show, but "The Song of Ice and Fire" is always attributed to the prince that was promised/Azhor Ahai reborn.

Jon IS the song of ice and fire, all on his own. He is both Stark and Targaryren. And has been the center of this entire story from the begining. Roberts Rebellion all started because Rhaegar and Lyanna ran off and eloped. The books contain more in regards to prophecy than the show, but "The Song of Ice and Fire" is always attributed to the prince that was promised/Azhor Ahai reborn.

I agree that the story is about Jon, and it's my opinion that Dany is the ultimate red herring. The recent developments in her character arc (i.e. her penchant for slaughter) seems to bear this out.

But I don't think Jon is Azor Ahai. It makes more sense for Rhaegar to be Azor Ahai and Jon to be Lightbringer, the sword itself. Jon even swears an oath to that effect when he takes the black (I am the sword in the darkness etc). The legend of how the sword Lightbringer was forged also seems to bear this out.

What were people's thoughts on Littlefinger giving the dagger to Bran? I've been over it and over it and still can't quite figure out what his motivation might have been. Of course, since Arya's now in possession of it, and Littlefinger may be on her List, it's likely he'll get it back in a fatal manner.
I think giving Bran the dagger (trophy)was his way of offering his service with out offering it. He said something about wishing it was the knife that killed Brans mother. Littlefinger is a leach he wants to be close to power so he can feed off of it. He did not know that Bran does not want that kind of power, whats more he will not be able to understand that.

I agree that the story is about Jon, and it's my opinion that Dany is the ultimate red herring. The recent developments in her character arc (i.e. her penchant for slaughter) seems to bear this out.

But I don't think Jon is Azor Ahai. It makes more sense for Rhaegar to be Azor Ahai and Jon to be Lightbringer, the sword itself. Jon even swears an oath to that effect when he takes the black (I am the sword in the darkness etc). The legend of how the sword Lightbringer was forged also seems to bear this out.

Ooh, I LOVE this idea! I'm on board.

I think that the storyteller will resolve itself in the final frame when Sam will put the dusty old book back on the shelf...
Either that or Jon takes the throne becoming the Night King.

I saw a Maise Williams interview where they asked her how she wanted the series to end. She said it would be great if it ended with the person who ends up on the throne taking their mask off to reveal they are really Arya stark.

Well, that was dramatic. :)

What I particularly like is that the show is back to being about the Starks - that was always my frustration in the books that it moved its focus away from them. The only people left standing now are the only ones who are truly interesting. :)

Last edited: