Krypton

First of all I just want to say I hate prequels.
The idea than Captain Archer already knew more about some stuff/races than Kirk or Sisko did, but they were just about to meet for the first time ever, just winds me up.

But here's another logic problem.
This article says that this series is (possibly, maybe, but quite possibly maybe not) going to be related to the Man of Steel version of Superman and that Grandpappy Seg is fighting the same fight as his son will in the future.
Now in that film they state that Kal El is the first naturally conceived child for millennia. Everyone else is essentially hatched from the Codex to fit the current needs.

Doesn't this mean that no-one really has a grandfather?
And also, isn't the "House of El" a complete load of old feldercarb? (A word from another universe, but please forgive me.)

Now I'm all for suspension of disbelief. But can someone give me a semi-plausable workaround.

This one could be either a very good series in the tradition of Gotham or it could being a not so good series.

They always took more liberties into the series than into a movie. The tralier is quite intriguing, so I look forward to give it a shot next year.:)

They always took more liberties into the series than into a movie. The tralier is quite intriguing, so I look forward to give it a shot next year.:)

I think it has possibilities.:)

Reactions: ctg
I watched the first episode and honestly I can't wait to see the next one. I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, but I was quickly caught in the action. More interesting than expected, so if you don't have anything else, you may want to give it a chance.

Regarding the children: We actually can see how they are conceived in this episode and their genetic center gives them a name, a future career and how long they will live. Seg even see images of his future kid.

Attached you have the official trailer, just in case you didn't see it yet.

Reactions: ctg
So 2 episodes in the can what do we feel about the series, not sure I like they know the future and the coming of superman?

I adore Arrow, Flash & Gotham but I'm in two minds with this one? Possibly a prequel to far but I'll definitely give it some time before casting judgement.

As I said above, this series definitely deserves a chance to be watched. The 2nd episode is scheduled by Wednesday in Canada& U.S. I don't know if it's available in other countries yet.

Bellow you have a sneak peak of Ep. 2 House of El.

It might not have hit UK TV screens yet, but it sounds as though Syfy’s Superman prequel series Krypton has been a hit with US fans: the network has already renewed the series for Season 2.
The renewal was an easy decision for Syfy, especially after Krypton ranked as the channel’s most-watched first season among total viewers since 2014. Season 2 is expected to air in 2019.

For those who don’t know, Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the Man of Steel’s home planet. The series revolves around Superman’s grandad Seg-El, played by Cameron Cuffe (Florence Foster Jenkins), as he fights to redeem his family’s honour and save his beloved world from chaos.

Krypton was developed by Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice writer David S Goyer, who also acted as an executive producer through his Phantom Four banner.

The Girl With All The Gifts helmer Colm McCarthy directed the show’s pilot episode for Warner Horizon TV, while Sleepy Hollow‘s Damian Kindler serves as executive producer and showrunner. Kindler also joined Goyer in rewriting the original script for the pilot, which Goyer wrote with Ian Goldberg (Once Upon A Time).

Krypton doesn’t yet have a UK air date.
Syfy’s Krypton renewed for Season 2

This series is the best superhero stuff in the small screen at the moment. It's even better than The Flash. The Arrow has got all too dark and a bit too repetitious with nobody never really dies ... ever.

Just caught up with this on Freeview (E4). Got to say I rather enjoyed it, and not just because Nyssa-Vex is delightful. The series ending was particularly good, I thought.

The Voice of Rao was an intriguing character early on, and only become more so later in the first series. Val-Barristan was a nice touch, acting as a sort of Jor-El type figure. Seg's terrible dilemma of effectively marrying an incredibly attractive woman whilst having an affair with another very attractive woman was deeply moving.

Glad it's coming back for a second series.

Seg's terrible dilemma of effectively marrying an incredibly attractive woman whilst having an affair with another very attractive woman was deeply moving.

Honestly, I didn't see any normal females in the series as everyone was selected and looked really good. And that included the males as well, plus the monster. I think this would have spoiled the whole show

2508du.jpg
...or not.

Ctg, it's a little known falsehood that 'Kandor' is the ancient Kryptonian word for 'eminently shaggable'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PTeppic Science & Nature 3