Midnight, Texas

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
Anyone watched this one yet ? First episode was quite scary and promising now that we have a break from Supernatural for the summer.

It's premiere is tonight on SyFy in UK. Looking forward to it!

I've just watched it. My streaming service where I am has obtained the rights to show it the same day as the U.S.

I really liked it - it's a good start to what looks like a promising series. I loved the books as well so perhaps I'm a bit biased?

AAAARGH!

Another series I want to try.

I'll be sooo glad when I get my new laptop - in a week. Can't currently stream anything - it locks up this blasted computer.

I started it, and made it about 20 mins before deciding I can't invest time into it... I usually try not to judge a show by its first episode, but I fear I've become one of those network snobs. If its on ABC, NBC, CBS and its a drama, I probably wont like it. The line 'She's a witch, or a lesbian' was the line I shut 'er down on!

AAAARGH!

Another series I want to try.

I'll be sooo glad when I get my new laptop - in a week. Can't currently stream anything - it locks up this blasted computer.

This reminds me when I first moved into my apartment three years ago (out from my parent's basement) and I had no internet connection and only the Law & Order DVDs saved on my computer. That's what kept me occupied for two weeks. That and writing. No need for internet connection while writing, but it does come in handy.

Anyone watched this one yet ? First episode was quite scary and promising now that we have a break from Supernatural for the summer.

The concept looks really promising, but I have heard mixed reviews. May wait to see if it's worth the investment. NBC has not been too kind to fantasy lately.

Last edited:
It's not easy to judge a seria after only an episode. Hell, I was ready to give up of Lethal Weapon series after the first episode. Lucky me, I looked again and now I think it's really funny.

From what I've seen in Midnight, Texas, they have an explosive group with supernatural *gifts* and a a psychic moves into the city, looking for safety. No hunters so far, but the police officers behave strangely around them. I didn't read the book and have no intention either. As we really don't have many new and interesting series this summer, I will give it a chance.

Ep. 2 is even better ;)

I agree. It's teetering on going all sorts of supernatural crazy soon - and in a good way!

I appreciate the lack of visceral gore and violence which TRUE BLOOD seemed to revel in. We're focused on the story instead and that makes a lot of difference.

I started it, and made it about 20 mins before deciding I can't invest time into it... I usually try not to judge a show by its first episode, but I fear I've become one of those network snobs. If its on ABC, NBC, CBS and its a drama, I probably wont like it. The line 'She's a witch, or a lesbian' was the line I shut 'er down on!

If it makes a difference:

The bigoted female sheriff who said that got mauled and eaten by the resident weretiger. Good riddance to her!

Reverend transformation was quite a twist. When he retired for the night, I thought he was a vampire, than a werewolf. I'm glad I didn't bet on this.

A were tiger. Hey, why not. I'm really enjoying this. Let's hope that it doesn't get to popular or the network will probably cancel it.

I watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed them. Oddly enough, I liked it better as a TV show than as a book (sorry Charlaine). Not that the book isn't good (I liked it), but I really think it works as visual media.

(Except Manfred doesn't look the way I pictured him, at all!)

I watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed them. Oddly enough, I liked it better as a TV show than as a book (sorry Charlaine). Not that the book isn't good (I liked it), but I really think it works as visual media.

(Except Manfred doesn't look the way I pictured him, at all!)

I was expecting Manfred to have less hair and more piercings and tattoos...