Stargate: Origins

So, will it be the full reboot, with everything except the film wiped away? Will it be retconned?

Quite interested to see what they do.

If JJ Abrams is in charge and still doesn't understand how big space is... you know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to write something on the internet belittling his inability to grasp an obvious and easily understandable concept about space whilst still getting jobs directing the biggest sci-fi franchises in the world.

If JJ Abrams is in charge and still doesn't understand how big space is... you know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to write something on the internet belittling his inability to grasp an obvious and easily understandable concept about space whilst still getting jobs directing the biggest sci-fi franchises in the world.

Finally! Someone who understands the problem. I wonder if anyone else has ever written something to that effect? :)

So, it's not a reboot. Or at least not yet. It's Stargate Origins. Or, to put it another way, it's 10 10-minute long episodes which will be exclusively available online and will apparently be set in 1928 and will centre around Catherine Langford.

So, it's not a reboot. Or at least not yet. It's Stargate Origins. Or, to put it another way, it's 10 10-minute long episodes which will be exclusively available online and will apparently be set in 1928 and will centre around Catherine Langford.
So the adventures of an Egyptologist in the desert rather than something new about the Stargate?

Hmm. My gast is not flabbered, nor my socks rocked.

Even JJ Abrams couldn't mess this concept up: it's completely messed up all on its own.

The original film was meant to be a trilogy. Maybe they'll honour that deal and do the whole thing. The series I never watched, but I doubt they'll reboot that because it would be foolish to wipe all those things away.

So it's about how they found the Stargate. There was an episode with the weird old dude who was her old boyfriend. So they used the gate before Daniel figured out the addresses. Just not very well.

10x10 min episodes...Meh! hardly causing a draught in the ankles area.

To be fair there is a story there without even turning the gate on. There's the discovery of the gate itself and the coverup that goes with it. It's clearly not of man-made origin so there's a huge potential story there especially for a short series of film. Turning it one at that stage is almost a mistake; taking away from the magic of that moment in the first film when it was first properly activated. Then again a minor activation might well at least ensure that it got attention enough to be taken seriously by the military to then be stored and studied for decades prior to its activation.