The 13th Doctor Reveal Thread

I thought it was quite obvious, but many Nurses aren't female either. Anyone using that phrase, even as a joke, just appeared ignorant. Which is why @TheDustyZebra "defenders" seemed totally unnecessary.

I'm sorry? I think we've crossed wires somewhere here, as I don't even know what you're saying there. I was just asking which side was surprising you with its tenacity, the ignorant people who say things like "Nurse Who" or the people getting mad at them. The mad people being the "defenders" I referred to -- ones who defend the change to female. :confused:

I didn't see many people arguing i.e. "defending" or getting mad, and so I thought you were asking why that was. All I was saying was that the statement is too ridiculous, and that it didn't require an answer, hence no need for "defenders" to step it. It is the side arguing against (but mainly just moaning really) that is surprising me with their tenacity. However, I can now see this continuing right up to and beyond the Christmas Special unless some other great injustice comes along to interest them into different letter writing and Tweeting.

Hopefully not beyond, as the Christmas Special will undoubtedly answer all the questions and quell all the fears with its brilliance. :whistle:

Actually, I do hope it provides a solid reason for the Doctor's thinking (conscious or not) in becoming a woman, so we have something to point to. Not that it will help.

Actually, I do hope it provides a solid reason for the Doctor's thinking (conscious or not) in becoming a woman, so we have something to point to.
So, you must think that he has some influence over the Regeneration result (conscious or not.) Interesting, because I have read discussions before (long before all of this) that each Regeneration produces a new Doctor that someone compensates for the qualities missing from the previous incarnation. I mentioned this earlier, but I can't personally really see any evidence for that, even if it was something genetic, for which the Doctor has no control over. Also, he often seems confused about what has happened to him and you would expect that if he had chosen a new persona, he would know it intimately. Is that an idea you would subscribe to too?

Well, there was something about Capaldi picking that face for a reason, a nod to his previous appearance on the show. As I recall, he didn't quite remember doing it for a while, and then it came to him why he'd chosen it.

Actually, I do hope it provides a solid reason for the Doctor's thinking (conscious or not) in becoming a woman, so we have something to point to. Not that it will help.

I was thinking it might be funny (in a way) for the Doctor to be as shocked as the rest of us! :D

As much as they have squeezed fan reactions into Capaldi's time, particularly with Bill, I fully expect him to say, "twelve regenerations I've been a man, how can this happen?" :D

There is potential for comedy or silliness but given the "So much ego" comment when some Gallifreyan or other regenerated from man to woman I suspect it might be one-way traffic (and that wasn't especially amusing. Taking the piss is one thing, but if it had been the other way around and a comment on hysteria had been made, dead straight, people would rightly be miffed).

Anyway, we'll find out.

[Well, you will. I haven't watched for a few years. Caught a snippet of the last series when channel-hopping and didn't like the companion much].

As much as they have squeezed fan reactions into Capaldi's time, particularly with Bill, I fully expect him to say, "twelve regenerations I've been a man, how can this happen?" :D
More likely "At last!" Being as the last time we saw an time lord regenerate from a white man into a black woman the first thing she said was how terrible it was being a man and how glad she was to be a woman again.

I thought this was a bit funny - the BBC using their new Doctor to the best of their abilities.

I enjoyed TDZ's ideas about the forthcoming regeneration, so here is another.

I'm not sure if it is still prevalent but there was a time when the reason given for the first Doctor's regeneration was that he hat stayed in his body for too long, he liked it, did not want to let go and would have died if not for the TARDIS giving him a nudge, accepting that change was necessary.

In many ways it seems that Peter Capaldi has reached a similar point. He has lasted thousands of years, changing enough times that his identity has been subsumed by all the 'other' Doctor's he has been. He just wants to be himself. (It could be he is rather attached to the Capaldi Doctor, or he is yearning back to his first incarnation).

There is a similarity to the mind set of the two Doctor's and I have a feeling it is going to be a two way thing.

Hartnell, lost in the snow is from the Tenth Planet, resisting change. Capaldi's Doctor is going to convince the First to change, that they have seen so much in the intervening years, done so much good, met so many people that it would be a crime not to live it. Convinced to change the first Doctor will somehow return the favour, suggesting that if the modern Doctor has got to the stage where he feels lost and just wants to be him, perhaps the time is right to change completely. A different perspective completely.

I'd be quite happy with something like that.

I enjoyed TDZ's ideas about the forthcoming regeneration, so here is another.

I'm not sure if it is still prevalent but there was a time when the reason given for the first Doctor's regeneration was that he hat stayed in his body for too long, he liked it, did not want to let go and would have died if not for the TARDIS giving him a nudge, accepting that change was necessary.

In many ways it seems that Peter Capaldi has reached a similar point. He has lasted thousands of years, changing enough times that his identity has been subsumed by all the 'other' Doctor's he has been. He just wants to be himself. (It could be he is rather attached to the Capaldi Doctor, or he is yearning back to his first incarnation).

There is a similarity to the mind set of the two Doctor's and I have a feeling it is going to be a two way thing.

Hartnell, lost in the snow is from the Tenth Planet, resisting change. Capaldi's Doctor is going to convince the First to change, that they have seen so much in the intervening years, done so much good, met so many people that it would be a crime not to live it. Convinced to change the first Doctor will somehow return the favour, suggesting that if the modern Doctor has got to the stage where he feels lost and just wants to be him, perhaps the time is right to change completely. A different perspective completely.

I'd be quite happy with something like that.

:eek: (y) :cool:

FB_IMG_1501754237914.jpg