Game of Thrones: 7.01 - Dragonstone

I notice no one has said anything about poor Sam having the worst job. Man, that was disgusting.

Also LFM. Lyanna "f@#$" Mormont. Talk about a badass putting grown men in their places.

We don't know how long Arya had been "in the service" of the Freys before she despatched Walder Frey.
Also I suspect that is part of the magic or spiritual power related to having served for the Many Faced Good. It is not simply her talent.

Three words..... Arya Stark badass.
You said it! Arya has always been my favorite. She single handedly took out the Freys. With Walder and his main heirs and commanders gone they are out of the fighting in any significant way. As for the ones left alive the White Walkers have to have some to kill!

Just watched this:

- Freys! Seems that's wrapped up nicely.
- The White Walkers - great establishing shot and sequence of them. Loved the cinematography
- Arya's scene - seemed more about focusing on Ed Sheeran. Look, a cameo! Still look, a cameo!
- At this point I thought my kids might be able to watch this series, then we had the Samwell scene with the body and latrines - all obviously ramped up and exaggerated GoT style - looks like it'll just be me watching this then
- Jon went down well, and nice to see both his reasoning and the conflict with Sansa
- Cersei - seems quite mad
- And ... Dragonstone. Seems Euron did a pretty poor job of stopping the invasion. But but but but - why was one of the most important castles in Westeros completely deserted??!! That made no sense at all to be, and was the one giant blip on an otherwise interesting episode.

Interesting. I'd have to remind myself of all the Azor Ahai prophesy stuff, but there are a couple that fit; the bit about being born in smoke

Oh - forgot to mention the Hound scenes near the end - interesting!

However, from watching that it occurred to me that Dany might actually be Azor Ahai. Though I've actually forgotten what the term actually means. :D

However, "born from smoke" seems to refer to Dany.

Last edited:
Brian, I wrote in one of the other episode threads (are you watching the season in one hit?) that I believe Dany being AA is a hoax, that AA is/was really Rhaegar Targaryan, and that Jon Snow is in fact The Sword, Lightbringer.