DISCUSSION -- JULY 2017 300-word Writing Challenge (#26)

CongRATulations, Robert! :p

A storming win; yours (and TJ's) seemed to be so much bigger than 300 words, too. That voice ...!

Thanks for my vote, too. I got a vote from the winner which means I'm probably some kind of winner, and secondly I forgive your disparaging comment about my favourite wine.

Thanks to everyone who shortlisted my entry, and particular thanks to

chrispenycate
Ursa major
LittleStar
johnnyjet
Robert Mackay
HazelRah
Peter V

For the votes.

pH

Congratulations, Robert.

Thanks to Cathbad, HazelRah, Starbeast, and Ursa major for honourable mentions and to TitaniumTi for the vote.

Congrats, Robert. A great idea, turned to a great story. It does seem to me Im voting for and mentioning you an awful lot. (though you seem to win a lot as well, so maybe thats not a surprise ;)) Kinda second what Dan said a few posts ago as well:eek:

I'm very delighted to get 7 votes this month around, last I knew I was on 4. So thank you to everyone who mentioned me and voted for my story, and saw something in my little coeur de l'arbre tale (y)

@Victoria Silverwolf - A huge THANK YOU for once again being our wonderful REVIEWER. (y)

Thanks to all who listed my story, or voted for it. Greatly appreciated! Thank you, Chris Green, for the great photo; thanks to our thoughtful reviewer,Victoria; and to Ursa for the story thread, and poll. See you all - with three hundred words - in October!

You're immensely welcome Cat's. Keep up the great work.

Congratulations, Robert.

Thanks to Cathbad, HazelRah, Starbeast, and Ursa major for honourable mentions and to TitaniumTi for the vote.

Absolutely Rafellin. Stay awesome.

I'm very delighted to get 7 votes this month around, last I knew I was on 4. So thank you to everyone who mentioned me and voted for my story, and saw something in my little coeur de l'arbre tale (y)

You are very welcome LittleStar. YOU. like everyone, always do their best. Write on! :D

You're very welcome. I'm surprised it didn't get more love, to be honest - I really enjoyed the arrogant, aloof characterisation of your "trees".

Thank you for your feedback Shyrka. To be honest I am not overly surprised by the lack of votes, as there really were some excellent entries - far more than just the three I voted for. I also made a mistake near the end and noticed it too late to edit. I need to go back to proof- reading school :rolleyes:

Thought it was going to be a complete blank until a couple of late mentions - thank you to Phyrebrat & Starbeast and a vote too. Thank you Shyrka

You are very welcome Peter V. Don't sell yourself short my friend, you are an exceptional writer. (y) Competition between all of us is always tough. I'm glad you can join the fun.

A big Vaztastic thank you to:

Cathbad
Cats
Starbeast

You're exceedingly welcome Vaz. Nice to see you here as always.

You are very welcome Peter V. Don't sell yourself short my friend, you are an exceptional writer. (y) Competition between all of us is always tough. I'm glad you can join the fun.

Thank you Starbeast, though I think your assessment is a tad generous ;)

I see you state your location as Lake Michigan. My son has been in MI visiting friends since August 1st and I am seeing plenty of the state as I Google Earth and street map the places he is visiting. It his first time travelling solo and a long way from London but he is having a great time. His mum and I find it less worrying when we see how nice all these appear to be.

A very belated congratulations to Robert. It is a very busy time for the Perp family. It's my excuse.

Obviously, I voted for Robert so it is once again a surprise that he has won. I have noticed that the last few people I have voted for have actually won their challenge is perhaps an beginning to buck the trend.

I did not get too many mentions this time round but I did get a few. I guess it is my own fault for having such a terrible title for the story!

I did however, managed to get two votes so a great big thank you to Stable & Luiglin for seeing padt the horrendous word play and rewarding my endeavours.

I see you state your location as Lake Michigan. My son has been in MI visiting friends since August 1st and I am seeing plenty of the state as I Google Earth and street map the places he is visiting. It his first time travelling solo and a long way from London but he is having a great time. His mum and I find it less worrying when we see how nice all these appear to be.

I put Lake Michigan as a joke, but I changed to the state I live in, ILLINOIS (northern area is well I dwell - I have traveled through a few of the other states though). I hope to visit the UK some time in my life. I have been to Germany, when I was in the Army, many years ago.

I like chatting with people outside the USA, that's one of the reasons I enjoy this site.

I haven't been to Lake Michigan since I was a pup, but I remember it as a dichotomy: Beautiful scenery, filthy lake.

Heh heh. Yeah, I used to eat the fish from that lake, back in the late 1960's. Probably explains my weird sense of humor that people notice in me. That, and I like to be myself.