SSL Error

1. mosaix

mosaix Shropshire, U.K.

I've been getting SSL secure connection error messages intermittently all evening.

Anyone else?

2. Brian G Turner

Brian G Turner He's a very naughty boy! Staff Member

I haven't had the error, but do please keep me updated.

3. mosaix

mosaix Shropshire, U.K.

No occurrences today, Brian.

One or two internet problems experienced by my neighbours leads my to think that they're doing some work at the local exchange. So it may be related to that.

Brian G Turner likes this.
  4. HanaBi

HanaBi Is it Safe?

All good on my Windows PCs and Android tablet :)

(although my Virgin Media broadband has been a little slow across all sites these last couple of days. But VM are aware)

5. mosaix

mosaix Shropshire, U.K.

My land line got VERY noisy and my internet speed dropped dramatically with my router rebooting itself every ten minutes or so.

I contacted my ISP on my mobile (free minutes) who said they tested the line and it was fine. Rang them back on my land line and they repeatedly said that they couldn't hear me properly. :)

They finally agreed that the line was bad (how could they not?) and sent out an engineer. After much wandering around the outside of the house and scratching his head (it's been two buildings at some time the past with more than one line) he suggested a new line run into the house, which I readily accepted.

At first things were great but then the router started rebooting itself again and did this for a couple of days. The ISP said this was to be expected as the router re-configured itself to the new line speed. I was bit dubious but after 72 hours everything settled down. Line speed about twice what it was and the line's as clear as a whistle.