Lull on Kindle Sales?

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Anyone else seen their Kindle sales going down the last few months?'

Prince Publications has sold more paperbacks than kindle books every month of it's existence - including one month it took a surge of sales in the final 2 days to beat Kindle. But in the past few months, Kindle book sales are way down, and paperback sales are up!

Not that I mind: I make several times more selling the paperback editions! (I don't sell a lot of books, but it does supplement my meager income, and for a zero advertising budget, I think we do well enough. :D)

Last month, I sold only 6 Kindle books, and 21 paperbacks. This month, with 2 days left, I've sold only 3 Kindle Books and 27 paperbacks. Sales had been down since the magnificent December I had, but these last two months, though the total number of books is still a bit shy (Jan through Nov 2016, I sold 32 - 42 books per month), the income seems to have recovered, thanks to the increased paperback sales.

I mean... my Kindle sales have tanked!

Yep - loads of people seeing it in all sorts of forums. Fwiw I'm pulling out of kdp and going wide next week. I believe indies are being squeezed out by them :(

Oh and yes - pb is ticking along well with another print run due!

I mean... my Kindle sales have tanked!

Is this for your original fiction, reprints of works whose copyright has expired, or both? Am asking simply because you publish a wider range of material than most here. :)

Last edited:
An uptick in Kindle sales this month - over a dozen so far - but Paperbacks are still beating them 2 to 1.

July is already my 2nd Best Sales Month ever - though it has little chance to beat Dec '16 for the #1 spot!