X-Files: Season 11 *spoilers included*

l0v8g8z.jpg

What could be better than having The Lone Gunmen back and unlikely in the pilot episode, Fox Mulder and Scully looks normal. And they kick ass when Three Assassin appear at their hut's front borch a couple weeks after CSM's apocalyptic revelation. It's become clear to me that Chris Carter took X-Files and really turned it to a modern series rather than going back to the monster-of-the-week routine.

I think it's a good thing as the classical X-Files should stay in the past as Mister Carter adapted to the modern format with long story arcs. Everything in that past is piled up and connected to each other. But, in regards of the characters, I'm surprised that Mulder hasn't started to collect an arsenal of weapons as he so often end up facing baddies.

It shows clearly how badly underpowered they're against the enemies, who can throw at them army solutions and veteran combat operators. They have no play with handguns only against Private Military teams. Saddest things in this is that they cannot even ask FBI's team to interfere with the case as they deal with the conspiracy that involve Authorities. Although I don't think that those Federal operators would necessarily be against the duo as they are no current orders on hunting them down.

But, that's going to happen as the Lone Gunman deals with the conspiracy that goes straight into the heart of the classified special access programs. It's what Skinner suggests, when Mulder and Scully turn up in the car park. I haven't ever really understood how and why he plays the middleman for both sides. It must be difficult to maintain the relationships with those entities, especially as the Big Brother can make you disappear, whilst all Mulder and Scully can do is a story that breaks into the mainstream news for twenty four hours.

The immortality device Langley's older lover suggests being at the centre of the case for TLG's appearance would probably get lost in the tabloid newspapers as something that came out from scifi realm. The Digital Personality Life Extension is a hyper technology that we probably won't see in the near future but, in the distant one. Rickhard Morgan's "the neural stack" from the Alterated Carbon series is a similar kind of device and it goes further than Langley's ghost in the shell at a hidden mainframe.

But if you think about it, and apply whole thing to a teleporter, you should have a device that should be able to do everything you need for a immortal life inside the slow moving time-machine. Langley's construction is simply living forever in that digital mainframe. So, if a person can upload their consiousness into the machine, then maybe at one point down the line, they might be able to exit the machine and get into new body.

The Authorities would most probably pay a lot of money from a chance to live again and see the world around them inside the virtual reality. To be honest, Langley's ghost-in-the-shell isn't far from William Gibson's Dixie Flatline - a hacker who stored his consciousness inside a digital archive. Similar to Langley's fate Flatline also felt his time in the construct miserable.

The life inside isn't fun. In fact, this similar fate outside Star Trek holorealms has always seen as a misery. People simply cannot live their life inside the Matrix. Maybe it's because our organic minds weren't meant to be living inside these virtual realities. Lady in the Red suggested that two hundred minds already living inside the simulation thrives. So, the question is did Langley murder two hundred other minds for being slightly cookie, or were they really feeling that bad at the inside the machine?

Good analysis @ctg I really enjoyed this episode despite the cheesy effects and apparent low budget quality. I seem to recall whole scenes where there wasn't even a background, but was that intentional??? Perhaps it was. Recall, the episode seemed to have the effects that Langley was talking about. How life would be like inside the Virtual Reality. backgrounds and people not exactly rendered, is this really a one-off episode or should we take away more from this episode. About how we are all living in a simulation, as goes the theories? I think this episode took some of those concepts you mentioned a bit farther but ultimately it has been done before. X-Files should stick to episodes like this though, as the next episode with the doubles killing each other has been done to death on shows like Supernatural which excels at Monster of the Week.

X-Files should stick to episodes like this though, as the next episode with the doubles killing each other has been done to death on shows like Supernatural which excels at Monster of the Week.

Exactly. But thing is my review just killed this thread, and therefore I couldn't be bothered to go again with the process of being the sole writer. The most noticeable thing in that episode was Scully's and Mulder's relationship and their connection to William. I was surprised that a dedicated careerwoman wanted to have another child after all drama associated to her first born.

What surprised me was the introduction on them being clean FBI agents once again, when the pilot episodes showed them going through the rough patch. Why the producers feel they need to make classical shows when they have only Gillian for this season? They could have bridged these things together better.

Exactly. But thing is my review just killed this thread, and therefore I couldn't be bothered to go again with the process of being the sole writer. The most noticeable thing in that episode was Scully's and Mulder's relationship and their connection to William. I was surprised that a dedicated careerwoman wanted to have another child after all drama associated to her first born.

What surprised me was the introduction on them being clean FBI agents once again, when the pilot episodes showed them going through the rough patch. Why the producers feel they need to make classical shows when they have only Gillian for this season? They could have bridged these things together better.

As with our ST Discovery. If Mulder is living in a VR world this could help smooth things over on the crappy continuity and writing. No? It could also fill in the gaps of where Mulder was exactly for 15 years.

No? It could also fill in the gaps of where Mulder was exactly for 15 years.

Well, I kind of liked that in the yesterdays episode - the Mandela Effect - Mulder was mostly his former self, even though the craziest conspiracy happens before his and Scully's eyes. I know from my own research how crazy people go with this relatively new theory. Some of it has been proven, other bits are totally out from the loonie bin, but in some grounds how would we know for sure if someone had tempered with time?

To us, the normal people, nothing has changed and things are as they used to be. In that episode however I think they took the whole thing to extreme levels. Maybe even more so than with the hangman people, but overall, if the 'opposition' had tempered with things, the X-Files would probably be the last one to know as the FBI is traditionally slow to move.

But about those 15 years, maybe Mulder was doing his Sasquatch hunting?

11.04 “The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat”

For once, I enjoyed an X-Files conspiracy episode, and I finally got to find out who the “they” behind every sinister plot are/is.

I thought the whole episode was hilarious – from the flashback of an 8-year-old Mulder watching TV with an adult-sized head and munching on Jiffy Pop popcorn, to an alien dressed like an Elvis impersonator quarantining humans for their lying ways. The Nixon poster in the junk shop was literally laugh-out-loud funny.

The episode also delivered a heavy-handed but relevant message about the dangers of manipulating the truth. As the diabolical Doctor They put it: “Believe what you want to believe because that’s what everyone is doing nowadays anyway.”

I would love to see more episodes starring Reggie Something, “Foxy” and “Sculls”. I agreed with Skinner, when he demanded to know “Where the hell are they taking Reggie?”

For once, I enjoyed an X-Files conspiracy episode, and I finally got to find out who the “they” behind every sinister plot are/is.

I thought the whole episode was hilarious – from the flashback of an 8-year-old Mulder watching TV with an adult-sized head and munching on Jiffy Pop popcorn, to an alien dressed like an Elvis impersonator quarantining humans for their lying ways. The Nixon poster in the junk shop was literally laugh-out-loud funny.

The episode also delivered a heavy-handed but relevant message about the dangers of manipulating the truth. As the diabolical Doctor They put it: “Believe what you want to believe because that’s what everyone is doing nowadays anyway.”

I would love to see more episodes starring Reggie Something, “Foxy” and “Sculls”. I agreed with Skinner, when he demanded to know “Where the hell are they taking Reggie?”

Wait What? Since when did The X-files turn into People of Earth???

It was ridiculous, funny, and potentially a death wish.

I'm not reading this. I have seen the first episode but can't get hold of the rest. Channel 5 in the UK is showing this season starting on the 5th Feb so I will wait until then.

I didn't like this episode, but maybe I was just not in the mood to watch it in the first place. My eyebrows raised a few times when they used word by word political allusions to the so called president. :p

11.5 Ghouli

I’ve noticed that the standard THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE at the end of the opening credits is occasionally being replaced by relevant slogans, such as this episode’s “YOU SEE WHAT I WANT YOU TO SEE.”

Scully’s lengthy confession of guilt and love to what she believed to be the corpse of her son, William, was touching. I suspected that he wasn’t dead. It seemed pointless to bring him into the plot DOA.

So, having a bit of alien DNA provides such abilities as psychic communication and mind control. Will Scully be weaving illusions for Mulder in future episodes?

She has not the same DNA, though I'm impressed by their connection. I wonder if William will develop in the future some seer qualities, like his grandfather.

He's only a mental projection. :D

Starchilds or Human-Alien Hybrids has always been hypothesised being psychically active. In William's case the ability appears as telepatchic projection, much like B5's Baxter were able to do. If you dig deeper you find a reason that says the greys want to create a hybrid that can pass a human either for spying purposes or for the diplomatic reasons.

I wrote in the book 3 - Till I Die - similar kind of character unknowingly about what was going to happen in the X-Files. In my story Madeline acts as an avatar that a member of Grey species can take over to do communication with humans. This all rooted down to the research I read on the subject, where the Authorities allegedly interviewed an alien subject - survivor from a crash landing. In that piece they described that Greys are unable to communicate verbally, and instead of understanding that the greys projected their consciousness on the interrogator and chaos ensued. Some reports I read claimed that the aliens tried to make an escape attempt but, the point I'm trying to make here in the case of William is that I'm not all surprised he has developed this talent.

What we don't know is what is going to happen when William meets CSM or other alien ambassadors?

Starchilds or Human-Alien Hybrids has always been hypothesised being psychically active. In William's case the ability appears as telepatchic projection, much like B5's Baxter were able to do. If you dig deeper you find a reason that says the greys want to create a hybrid that can pass a human either for spying purposes or for the diplomatic reasons.

I wrote in the book 3 - Till I Die - similar kind of character unknowingly about what was going to happen in the X-Files. In my story Madeline acts as an avatar that a member of Grey species can take over to do communication with humans. This all rooted down to the research I read on the subject, where the Authorities allegedly interviewed an alien subject - survivor from a crash landing. In that piece they described that Greys are unable to communicate verbally, and instead of understanding that the greys projected their consciousness on the interrogator and chaos ensued. Some reports I read claimed that the aliens tried to make an escape attempt but, the point I'm trying to make here in the case of William is that I'm not all surprised he has developed this talent.

What we don't know is what is going to happen when William meets CSM or other alien ambassadors?
I predict that ... Oops! Incoming alien psychicgram. Gotta take this. Sorry. :D

Reactions: ctg
Ugh this episode was too much like supernatural. It doesn't help that they filmed on the same ship as a recent supernatural episode. Take away aliens and it basically was a supernatural ep.

Sam and Dean never had to deal with DOD and DOJ though :)

Also scully voice is weird.