X-Files: Season 11 *spoilers included*

I just watched episode 11.7 which was the only one I have watched fully in recent years. The Followers, artificial intelligence episode. Seems it wasn't a standard episode and was more of a quirky comedy at times. I would have thought they would go back to the restaurant where the problems started for them, but anyway it was fun even if the reason for the AI's wrath was trivial. If the AI gets upset that easily we should all be worried.

If the AI gets upset that easily we should all be worried.

True. We can consider ourselves lucky that the general AI is really difficult to code. It might take another ten years before we are getting a close for getting a rudimentary mind, not talking about the one that we SF writers have been portraying for a long, long time. I'm not even sure if Hal 2000 was first example of an artificial intelligence, but it's probably the most known one.

exk2ecK.jpg

Another Monster-of-the-Week episode. I didn't review this earlier because I've dead tired on my care job. It is intriguing to see Scully attending a Catholic Mass for being classed as logic driven scientist. But, that can happen to all of us, the unexplainable drives you in the hands of God, because there is no other reason ... or explanation.

The most intriguing bit however is the two murdered doctors doing organ harvesting. CC's world doesn't allow classical monsters as they're almost always derivatives of human madness. No matter what we the vampires aren't real in CC's world. So, I'm glad that they showed cult leaders who thought they were beyond the realm of mere mortals. Maybe our need to live longer drives us eventually to do these things, because they certainly don't fit in the world of normal behaviour. Maybe one day in the future some of us become vampires through biohacking that plays greater role in this episode.

That is transhumanism taken to beyond the normal scope. Do you agree and did you like Mulder's glasses, because I thought they were cool.

Last edited:
William, the star-child, human-alien hybrid. He is a mystery, just like the spooky details with aliens having psychic powers. I don't know how long it will take, but eventually I believe that we got to bottom of this mystery.

If you look into UFO history, the hybrids haven't ever been as good looking as William. Often they've been abductees has described them as close resemble to aliens rather than humans. Also as often those star-childes has been wielding other worldly powers like telepathy, telekinesis, and clairvoyance. But, as often as they'd reported there is almost always so sort of UFO activity, making us think that the aliens somehow track these extraordinary people.

What bugs me with this episode is the fact that they didn't string the series episodes together. Instead they continue from where the season pilot ended. Mulder isn't wearing the glasses. Scully isn't talking about the marriage and episode is disconnected from the past. But, even then, the final is good one. The story flows nicely and there is no moments where you'd like to push fast forward.

The most intriguing detail is shown after the title run, where Mulder infiltrates place that we would known as a black site. It is a nation-state facility usually running hightech propulsion programs, and as always the site is closely guarded by the infamous camodudes (see Area 51 force-protection teams AKA the camodudes). Back in the eighties they were reported to be Delta's, and back then, they were guarding Nellis AFB sealed hangers and rumoured underground facilities.

Only in Mulder's case, there is no such thing as the boss is sitting comfortably in his chair above the ground. He doesn't blink, just raises his head after he hears a firefight and see Mulder forcing his way into the office. He reveals that most people would kill to be the star-child.

But that might be just his own opinion as the general public are quite comfortably happy with what they got. William might never know that life. Not when he's hunted by everyone and their dogs. The only logical reason I can form is that William can be used an avatar. Maybe even as soul vessel if the alien has developed machine that transfer souls from one body to another.

With his powers already activated the alien might even feel homey in the host body. CSM is dying and therefore, if the theory is true, M&S's son is the only way to save his life so that he can carry on with the alien agenda. So, why the aliens aren't using their craft to track him? I don't know.

It might have been easier to track him than sending the Men In Black after him. Some people believe they're failed hybrids. But for the theme they fit like a glove in the Alien Agenda. So what next when CSM shot William and Mulder executed him in the rage?

I'm not sure I follow all that. All I can say is that if that is the final episode, it isn't as satisfying as the previous few "final" episodes of The X Files. It did, however, kill off a lot of major and recurring characters and agents. I can't remember so may characters dying in one episode since Torchwood or Blake's Seven. One person who looked to be dead, didn't really die, however, which leaves the story open to continue, and that was exactly what he wanted - for everyone to think he is dead.

Mulder isn't wearing the glasses. Scully isn't talking about the marriage and episode is disconnected from the past. But, even then, the final is good one. The story flows nicely and there is no moments where you'd like to push fast forward.
I agree with you, that it seemed incongruous to insert all those 'monster-of-the-week' episodes book-ended with the 'William' story. Also, Mulder may have forgotten his glasses, but surely that was a major reveal at the end about Scully which will certainly affect their ongoing relationship? I also found that the flashback nature of this episode hardly made it "flow nicely." I assumed some of what we saw was not in real time, but were William's premonitions of the future, but I was unable to tell what was real, and when it was the real Mulder or the William impersonation of Mulder. Consequently, I thought it was hard work to follow.

If William is not dead, does this mean CSM is alive too ? He received more bullits than William. It's difficult to believe he has survived after being shot in the head.

If William is not dead, does this mean CSM is alive too ?

I believe so. Most of the aliens that came down in the Roswell crash are dead now. There is no return, unless CC pulls a magic trick. This is pretty much The End to the old series, even if CC has been saying recently that he has additional material. If that's true, maybe it would be better for the Fox to finance new series than breathing life into this one, and if they want to apply Mulder into the new series, they have a choice.

When another Mulder popped up to shoot CSM, I immediately thought that he had shot William masquerading as Mulder. Then, I began to wonder if the real Mulder had been shot and if the surviving Mulder was actually William. That would have been an incredible twist for what may be the series finale.
A live William bobbing to the surface in the final moment ended my speculation. His reappearance did make me wonder why he was running when he could will his would-be captors to explode like blood-gorged ticks, as well as survive a shot to the head.

I believe so. Most of the aliens that came down in the Roswell crash are dead now. There is no return, unless CC pulls a magic trick. This is pretty much The End to the old series, even if CC has been saying recently that he has additional material. If that's true, maybe it would be better for the Fox to finance new series than breathing life into this one, and if they want to apply Mulder into the new series, they have a choice.

If that be the case, I'd much rather have X-files/supernatural crossover series. Maybe Mulder can meet-up with Winchesters.

I'm not sure I follow all that. All I can say is that if that is the final episode, it isn't as satisfying as the previous few "final" episodes of The X Files.

In my mind, The Art of Forehead Sweat is the last and final episode of the X-files. It always will be, and Chris Carter deserves some type of recognition for the writing of that episode alone. I don't think I'll remember much of this season besides for CSM's season premiere monologue. The skinner ep was pretty cool, as was the killer drones.

Last edited:
When another Mulder popped up to shoot CSM, I immediately thought that he had shot William masquerading as Mulder. Then, I began to wonder if the real Mulder had been shot and if the surviving Mulder was actually William. That would have been an incredible twist for what may be the series finale.
A live William bobbing to the surface in the final moment ended my speculation. His reappearance did make me wonder why he was running when he could will his would-be captors to explode like blood-gorged ticks, as well as survive a shot to the head.

Gotta give props to David for the acting in the season finale. He really acted like the William actor after having just met him. I could totally tell the difference between the two. Actually David has been on top of his game this season. While Gillian seems to have lost much if not all of the Scully character though I don't think that's entirely her fault.

Her voice often seemed weak, which made me wonder if she is having health issues.

No she said she forgot how to act like Scully and without the William storyline it didn't really seem like she was a main character this season. Not a good sendoff for Scully. She stayed in Mulder's shadow and at moments became him too.

They could have handled her character much better. In the Good Fight, which is based on politics, you have a strong female lead going crazy because conspiracy theories seem to be mainstream in American culture right now. She is slowly and slowly going insane. That should have been what they did to Scully.