The Pincers of Death - now out November!

1. Toby Frost

Toby Frost Well-Known Member

The Pincers of Death, the sixth book about Space Captain Isambard Smith, will be out on the 9th of October.

Once again, Isambard Smith takes to the skies to dish out justice and civilise the galaxy. But this time, he's got his sights on the greatest prize of all: Ghast Number One, the self-proclaimed glorious leader of the ant-people. If he can bring down the dictator, the Ghast Empire will surely fall.

It won't be easy, though. Alien space fleets, brutal gladatorial combat and even five-a-side sports fixtures stand between Smith and his quarry. And even then, he will face his toughest challenge yet: defeating a legion of bio-engineered soldier ants fanatically devoted to Number One - the dreaded Pincers of Death!

The artwork is currently being drawn (I've seen a sketch and it's amazing) and I am correcting the typos as we speak. If you're really keen and want to order a copy, you can do so here:

Pincers of Death by Toby Frost (Paperback)

Pincers of Death by Toby Frost | Waterstones

Cathbad, Steve Harrison, Dave and 3 others like this.
  2. Toby Frost

Right chaps, with a certain amount of grimacing I have to say that the release has been put back for reasons beyond my control. We've got a firm date of the 4th of November, but if there's any way I can get it brought forward, I will.

Sorry about that! It will be worth the wait, rest assured!

Brian G Turner likes this.
  3. Vladd67

Vladd67 Stake Holder

The nation will set off fireworks in its honour.

Toby Frost likes this.
  4. Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

I wondered why it hadn't arrived yet, as it said four days from the publication date. I have absolutely nothing left to read now!

Edit: I've changed thread title accordingly.

5. The Ace

The Ace Scottish Roman.

Give the people responsible a boot in the nadgers from me, and show them this.

Dan Jones likes this.
  6. Dave

What is this Toby? Is a time travel story? Or, are you being forced to redact all references to JFK?

7. The Ace

The Ace Scottish Roman.

Will we actually see the thing this side of Christmas ?

This is the third, "Firm date," we've been given, and I hope heads will roll for this.:mad:

8. Dave

Ace, I'll change the date back to the second date given, as Wordery sent my copy out last Wednesday, despite what they had previously emailed. Definitely is available now! Toby was signing copies at Forbidden Planet London this week. Not sure what is going on with Wordery, and I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I'm much too busy at the moment.

9. Toby Frost

It's definitely available through Forbidden Planet and Waterstones, both to buy off the shelves and order. When it was put back (thanks to the printers overbooking work) I was given the 17th as the day by which it definitely would be out, so it may well be available before then in most places. I'm not sure about Amazon, because they seem to be a law unto themselves. So to be honest, in order to get it as quickly as possible, I'd look at Waterstones or other bookshops (assuming there are some). I hope that helps.