Shirley Jackson -- References to Public Libraries in Her Stories

Extollager

A friend alluded without details to Shirley Jackson including references to public libraries in some of her stories. I know only The Haunting of Hill House, "The Lottery," and one or two others. If you know of some good relevant passages, without having to hunt for them, maybe reply here. I don't need this for an article or something -- just curious. This came out of a discussion about the importance of public libraries for some of us back 30-50 years or so ago. Thanks.

In We Have Always Lived in the Castle (my favorite Jackson), the main character Merricat makes weekly trips to the library for she and her sister... until, that is, the point in the story where she is no longer able to do so.

From page 1:

The last time I glanced at the library books on the kitchen shelf they were more than five months overdue, and I wondered whether I would have chosen differently if I had known that these were the last books, the ones which would stand forever on our kitchen shelf.

Nothing to do with Shirley Jackson but I noticed this same thing about ten years ago with Stephen King, there's often reference made to a public library in his novels.
After that I began looking out for them as I read or reread his books.