3.04 100

1. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

Dante has gone to his inferno. Well done, Daniel!
    Does that make Daniel the new water boss?
    Will Strand be freed?
    Will Ofelia be found?
    I think the answer to all three questions is "yes."

2. Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

Clever episode, doing the 'Pulp Fiction,' and revisiting the same scenes from the previous episode over again. Very tense, very frightening, but in a completely different way to TWD. When I first heard of this series, I did think at first, why do we need another TWD series, and isn't it just going to be the same. It is surprisingly different, with very different stories to tell. I like it better.

Both the occupiers of the dam and the preppers with the food and ammunition dump, face exactly the same problem - they are a siting target for the next whoever wants to make themselves 'boss'. If there is a Governor or a Neegan down there in Tijuana, then it won't be long before they come knocking at the doors.

3. nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

If there is a governor or Negan around think I'd prefer to be in Daniel's group. Comparing both series he is the one with instinctive survivor mentality. Daniel will betray and kill with little remorse but will ultimately do what he thinks is right in the end

If he was part of Rick's group in TWD he would have gone over to Negan in a heartbeat, he would have killed and hurt some of his previous companions, then he would have taking Negan and his inner circle and utterly destroyed them. He would see it as a necessity to rid the world of evil. The ultimate sleeper agent.
    I like Efrain and was starting to feel cheated thinking he was going to die before we could find out more about the holy unicorn.

4. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

Massive episode. A true dedication to the art of dead. Daniel path to redemption is phenomenal. What he does as a man, as a father, as a soldier and as a gentleman is truly inspirational. And it came in right place, because to last minute I was ascertain that he were a doomed man, destined to walk in Hell on Earth. With no hope, no aim, just the army of ghosts following him till the end.

It's hard when the past catches you that way, and the thing is I never gave up on him. I secretly wished he were alive, because Daniel was one of the most interesting characters to survive first season. So there is two families on both sides of the border. But what I don't know is that did Dante has other troops then his personal bodyguards, as those could be invading the border area and ultimately harassing as guerrillas operators the Ranch.

Still I strongly believe Daniel should granted a redemption for his sins. The man deserves it. And to be honest to me he story is as touching as Carol's.

5. Judderman

Judderman The Iceman cometh

That was a great episode overall. The veteran who turns out to still be an amazing gunfighter has been done a lot in films in the last few years (Taken series, History of Violence etc). Also there is a hint of Sicario, but this theme always seems to work well. Also it is very different to the rest of the Walking Dead stories. I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if Daniel would redeem himself.

We do have to overlook the coincidences though of how people are meeting up and that Daniel is apparently famously recognizable when his life is in danger.

I would have thought there would be quite a few more security guards/thugs with guns at the dam than the two Daniel shot? They should be coming running but presumably they will be too late for some reason.

Overall it was like an Action film but well done.

6. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

I wonder if we will see one last appearance by Cliff Curtis as "Zombie Travis."
    Madison put herself on the latest group heading out to find those responsible for bringing down the helicopter, which would put her in the same area Travis fell. She's looking for revenge, but maybe she will have to administer the coup de grace to release Travis from walking death.

7. Judderman

Maybe zombie Travis will have time to turn another of the group before he is put to rest.

REBerg likes this.
  8. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

Madison? :)

Judderman likes this.
  9. Judderman

Ha, maybe. No I was thinking one of the background people from the ranch who went along.

10. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

Yeah. Nobody else would have been able to save them. A sniper possibly could have shot them, but it would not have brought their leader back. Dante had gone to inferno already. I'd say Daniel knew exactly what he was doing when he 'let the executives go, permanently.'

What if that pack leader is Chris like Nixie suggested him to be alive?

REBerg likes this.
  11. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

So, Chris would have killed or have been part of killing his own father! (key dramatic soap opera music :D)

12. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

We saw a flashback through victim story. So it leaves a small opening that it could have been a lie to save their lives. Only they couldn't understand that Chris would manipulate his father into killing. To go over the edge and make him to become that psychotic monster.

13. Judderman

Why would they have wanted to make up that Chris was dead?

14. nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

To appease Travis. Not wanting him to think they had abandoned his son easiest excuse for him not being there is the walkers got him.

15. Judderman

That is true. I suppose having Travis make up the flashback of the murder in his head could work.

16. svalbard

svalbard Well-Known Member

A great episode. This was tense and gritty. I did wonder if Daniel would seize his moment or would he be lost to us all.

Strand just could not help himself in lying to Daniel. He is a worthless soul in many ways and I do wonder how long he has left in the series and if there is a special death planned for him. Or will he prove to be the ultimate survivor.

My guess for both Daniel's and Strand's story arc is that they will set off in search of Ophelia leaving the dam in Lola's hands.

17. Judderman

He does help people from time to time so I think they are going to keep him on as a conflicted character for some time to come. Maybe in the following season there will be a clash over group leadership and he may have to tow Madison's (or even Daniel's) line or suffer.