The Black Elfstone

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
I received The Black Elfstone yesterday and saw this one will be the first in a four-book set from The Fall of Shannara series. they say, the end of the book should be a surprise for the reader, so I hope to get the time and read it as soon as possible.

Anyone else read it yet ?

The first book of the triumphant and epic four-part conclusion to the Shannara series, from one of the all-time masters of fantasy.

Through forty years of New York Times bestselling Shannara novels, Terry Brooks always had an ending in mind: a series that would bring it all to a grand conclusion. Now that time is here.

The Four Lands has been at peace for generations, but now a mysterious army of invaders is cutting a bloody swath across a remote region of the land. No one knows who they are, where they come from, or what they are after—and most seem content to ignore these disturbing events. The only people who sense a greater, growing threat and wish to uncover the truth are society’s outcasts: an exiled High Druid, a conflicted warrior, a teenage girl struggling to master a prodigious magic . . . and a scrappy young orphan, improbably named Shea Ohmsford.

Book Description Revealed For The Black Elfstone by Terry Brooks - Unbound Worlds

Oh yes - I'm about halfway through the final Robin Hobb "Fitz & the Fool" book. This is next!

He DID it again ! Every time I start to read another Brook's novel, I'm convinced he cannot surprise me anymore. And every time he proves me wrong. Note that this is not a complaint. I'm half through The Black Elfstone and I'm hooked !:)

Anyone remember's the role of this stone ? Is this the one who anyhilates to power of other magics ? I can only remember that the last one who had it was completely insane.

It combines all the elements of the other elfstones into one. It negates magic but that magic is absorbered by the user, changing them.

Walker Boh used it to bring back Paranor and ended up absorbing the spirit of Allanon and becoming a druid.

I'm still enjoying it, 55% done

Finished it this morning.

I think it's probably Brook's best book in years. Remains to be seen if it can hold up over four books but i'm optomistic. I wanted more at the end and am now sad I have to wait until next year.

Finished it yesterday, late in the evening. Still wondering how Drisker can get out of Paranor and about the white cloaked leader.

I checked the updates on Brooks site. Apparently, he is writing the 2nd volume right now.

What’s Next?

It will be a long wait until next year.

Finished it yesterday, late in the evening. Still wondering how Drisker can get out of Paranor and about the white cloaked leader.

I checked the updates on Brooks site. Apparently, he is writing the 2nd volume right now.

What’s Next?

It will be a long wait until next year.

Just started it - thanks for the spoiler lol :)

Terry Brooks announced the name of Book 2 in The Fall of Shannara series: The Skaar Invasion. Tentative release date: May 15, 2018.

Tensions in the Four Lands are high. The mysterious force that laid waste to Paranor has revealed a more human face. While some gain a new understanding of the invaders and what they are after, others continue their existing quests even as the peril rises. For what looked to be a formidable invading force proves only the forerunner of a much vaster army–one that is now marching against the Four Lands in all its fury.

Title & Release Date For Book 2 of The Fall of Shannara