Black Panther Teaser Trailer

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
The battle for Wakanda begins: February 16, 2018.

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this movie. I fell in love with Wakanda the moment I heard about it in upcoming press releases and if I was a comic reader, Black Panther would probably be my favorite comic. He could dethrone Iron Man as my favorite Avenger.

Oh and since one of my favorite actors of all time Martin Freeman's role is going to be expanding in the MCU via this movie. It can't get any better than this.

Well, I have to say I was impressed with this film. I'm not going to say too much since it was only released a few days ago, but I will go on record saying it's probably got the smartest writing in the MCU to date as it covers a lot of very topical issues without ever giving us a clear "This character is correct" vibe.

Also I'm pretty sure the speech in the first stinger was aimed squarely at Mr. Trump.

I think my favourite part of this movie had to be Michael B Jordan as Killmonger. I've never seen him in anything else but after his performance here I want to.

I initially thought of Killmonger as just having the most ludicrous comic book name I've ever heard, but he was quickly sold on me as a very good villain in much the same vein as Zemo from Civil War. He's not evil, just very, very angry and it's easy to see why. Possibly the most compelling thing about him for me is they didn't elaborate what it was like for him growing up, and they didn't need to.

He's also the main reason the more conservative Wakandans have a valid point regarding intervention. To resurrect a very horrible analogy, he is the poisoned skittle.