New member banner promo up

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Just to let everyone know that there's a new promo banner up for all non-members (or not logged in) visitors to the forums.

The banner leads to this page: 15 Exciting New Authors to Read Over the Summer

where hopefully guests can then click through to any books that catch their interest. Additionally, hopefully it will also raise awareness of different member books again as happened with the last promo.

As for the promos themselves - the other one was only intended to run for 3 months but it ran for 5, so this second one will also run for 5 months. Then in November I need to run a couple of my own instead. I'll review the situation early next year to see about doing another promo, and if there are any lessons to learn and apply to running them.

In the meantime, the promos tend to be a rush job and not well-planned - there is no order to the list, except where I've left a note in a post somewhere of who needs to be included.

My sincere apologies if I've missed anyone out - I've tried to be as inclusive as possible over the past 2 promos, but I've found it remarkably hard to keep up to date with what everyone's doing. Heck, I couldn't even connect some member names to their author names, let alone actually find their books!

In the meantime, the promo is not going to result in instant fame for anyone - I don't think so anyway. However, it might help bump extra sales and readers to our member authors, which I can only think is a good thing. :)

Oh, and the authors on the new list - from left to right, top to bottom - are:

@Susan Boulton
@Toby Frost
@Stephen Palmer
@ratsy
@Amelia Faulkner
@psychotick
@tinkerdan
@Juliana
@Triceratops
@Cosmic Geoff
@Luiglin
@Rafellin
@Carolyn Hill
@FibonacciEddie
@James118

Any problems, let me know.

promo2b.jpg

Last edited:

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Oops! I forgot someone important! I'd forgotten to check out one of the small publisher boards for news. :oops:

Now updated the banner, and have updated the promo thread to 15, not 14.

[I might have to find another author to add to make it to 16, so I can edit the banner to ensure that it's balanced ... ]