NYC Midnight Flash Fiction competition

I am strongly considering it. Steep entry fee, but you get to go two rounds off the bat. Either way, I have a couple days to think it over.

Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to sign up, but putting it off and faintly remembering the deadline was looming.

Best of luck to all.

The feedback I got from my (failed) entry was astounding - in the sense that all 3 judges well full of praise for the story, 2 of them immensely so. More so than any of my work has ever been praised. Ever.
The 'improvement' criticisms were essentially 'pity there wasn't more'.

Again, mine FAILED to get through to the second round! (nor did it receive an 'honorable mention')
Would love to see the feedback given to stories that DID make it through, lol.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't look at all of it, by any means. But it was all of similar format -- what the judges liked, what they felt could use some work -- except that the "use some work" parts were generally minimal or superficial for the winners, from what I saw. Of course, that stands to reason. :)

It should, stand to reason. If you've a link to some, please share, as I don't know where to look.
But for me, if I'm laying out fifty 'big ones' I expect insightful analysis, or at least a structured bullet point dissection of where the piece went wrong, or how it failed to meet the criteria, or anything useful.
Love bombing i can get from my mum.(once i apply enough guilt)
Ultimately, however, it was an experience, a useful one.

I really got a lot out of my feedback, including some lovely ego stroking, but some great constructive critiques as well. :)

Submitted my story - my topics were:

Comedy
A thrift store
A vacuum cleaner.

Will post it here once I have confirmation.