Twin Peaks S3

Can you believe?

I have never never ever seen a single episode of any twin peaks season or incarnation.

It's true, and I have the scars to prove it!

I still remember the original. The music Falling, by Angelo Badalamenti sticks into your memory and remains forever as Twin Peaks.

Is 2017 version a re-make ?

I watched first twenty minutes and then quit as I couldn't understand what was going on.

Apparently, according to my sister (a Twin Peaks fanatic) that is exactly the point.

It's like that famous quote about quantum mechanics.

'Just when you are finally getting the feeling that you are beginning to understand it, you haven't!'

Apparently, according to my sister (a Twin Peaks fanatic) that is exactly the point.

Maybe the point for me was that am I prepared to waste two hours on something I cannot comprehend or would I rather do something else. The latter won. There are eighteen episodes in this season. So thinking and being confused about it isn't high on my priorities list. Sorry.

Yep, I'm with ctg. Totally confusing, incomprehensible, boring as bat :poop:. The first season was odd, but in a highly entertaining way. I'll give it a chance but don't hold a lot of hope. Disappointed.

Maybe the point for me was that am I prepared to waste two hours on something I cannot comprehend or would I rather do something else. The latter won. There are eighteen episodes in this season. So thinking and being confused about it isn't high on my priorities list. Sorry.

No need to apologise to me. As previously mentioned, I have never watched anything Twin Peaky for exactly the reasons you mention.

Well. In that case I'll remain the only duck on the pond.

( I can't argue with 'my sister's an expert', 'boring as bat sh*t', and 'I didn't understand the first twenty minutes' :p )

I think it takes a certain type of person to enjoy something like this. Certainly there's no point watching it if you hadn't seen the last two series.

pH

Well. In that case I'll remain the only duck on the pond.

( I can't argue with 'my sister's an expert', 'boring as bat sh*t', and 'I didn't understand the first twenty minutes' :p )

I think it takes a certain type of person to enjoy something like this. Certainly there's no point watching it if you hadn't seen the last two series.

pH
So there was a season between this and the original?

I've seen the first four parts. I liked the first two very much, a great follow up to the abrupt end of the series. While I enjoyed Fire Walk With Me, it failed to reconcile any of the cliffhangers in the TV series finale. I also think that TP belongs on something like Showtime, where they can have total artistic freedom.

I've only just now watched the first six episodes of the new series.

Six hours wasted.

Mysterious is one thing. But I don't believe for a second the writers know what's going on, either. Too much, too far. I guess I sort'a need a storyline to follow.

It started out strong, the first two parts were great, but this Dougie nonsense needs to end quickly so the plot can actually proceed. What's the point of Cooper leaving the Black Lodge if he simply wanders around like an idiot? Also, the people in his life seem to be extremely oblivious to his behavior. Generally when someone starts acting like Dougie they get an MRI.

The Dougie stuff is definitely stretching credibility isn't it? The way the stripper and Naomi Watts seem to conveniently accept his socially inept change for the purpose of plot.

Speaking of plot; I'm expecting people who are seeking a clear plot will be disappointed- and for my taste are possibly missing the point. I think TP is meant to give us an intangible experience - an insight into a non-Euclidean world.

After all it's on Showcase ;)

pH