Roger Moore (1927 - 2017)

A nice story for the boy to be able to relate later.
The grandfather probably kept very very quiet about it for the rest of his life. :)

Personally, my memories of him in The Saint and The Persuaders beat those of his Bond.

A lovely piece of satire courtesy of Spitting Image.

And yes, he was pretty decent in "The Persuaders"

RIP. A good guy. He was also against hunting animals. Saw an episode of the Persuaders the other day and it was still fun.

In addition to enjoying his iconic "Bond, James Bond" roles; the wife and I have been fans of the reruns of the early sixties oater series "Maverick."

Always a clever and facetious show, mostly about sly stings, scams and ruse; with a delightfully wry sense of humor. The primary Maverick brother was, of course, James Garner, followed by the second Maverick brother, Jack Kelly; but the most delightfully suave and sly surprise is always an appearance by the very young looking "James Bond" Maverick brother, Roger Moore.

How'd he get so old?

RIP

Last edited:
One really interesting sci-fi film he did was THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF.

So sad to hear this, when I was young I used to love watching him as Simon Templar aka The Saint and later James Bond, R.I.P. Roger.

Just joined the board. Was browsing and saw this thread.
My step mother attended RADA, (the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art for Americans), with Roger Moore.
He was very young so he was one of few males at the place during the war. My step-mom is quite tall, so they split most of the male roles in performances. I do not remember her talking about him other than one stray comment.
"Poor dear. He never could act." :oops:

He was my favourite JB. Allegedly Ian Fleming thought of Moore's depiction of JB as the closest to how he himself envisioned his super secret secret agent :)

That's what I thought I heard said in a commentary with Moore. It was garbled but they said Fleming made a positive comment about him in the role.