The Witcher (Netflix)

First of all - it's a good fantasy series, but it's not Witcher. They should switch from "based on book" to "book inspired" - although I doubt the swowrunner had the book in her hand anyway.

Costumes and interiors too sterile and clean. The whole logical inconsistent. Anyway, even Tomasz Bagiński in an interview admitted that this is a series for dummies (because the current generation of TIkTok cannot focus for longer).

While there were nice action scenes and good music in the first season, the second season has no strengths

Reactions: ctg
As a fan of fantasy in general, and someone who had never read the books or played the games, I was pleasantly surprised by season 1 of the Witcher about 1 year ago. As such, I was excited for season 2. I enjoyed the format of weekly monster-hunting that Geralt would go on in season 1, and I was a little disappointed with the lack of mystery/problem solving Geralt had to do in regards to monsters in 2nd season. Episode 1 of season 2 is a great example of what I think is done successfully in the show.

With the broad and large-scale plots, I believe the show is lacking in some ways. While readers or those who have played the video games may understand who is who and what lies and deceptions each of the characters might be engaging in (with the witches/mages and rulers), it is not always clear for someone just watching the show. However, I do think a lot of improvements were made in overall production quality and writing in season 2 of the Witcher and I am a big fan of Henry Cavill in general, so his Geralt, although different from the source content, has me laughing at times at his dry sense of humor and sarcasm.

Reactions: ctg
First of all - it's a good fantasy series, but it's not Witcher. They should switch from "based on book" to "book inspired" - although I doubt the swowrunner had the book in her hand anyway.

Costumes and interiors too sterile and clean. The whole logical inconsistent. Anyway, even Tomasz Bagiński in an interview admitted that this is a series for dummies (because the current generation of TIkTok cannot focus for longer).

While there were nice action scenes and good music in the first season, the second season has no strengths

It certainly has a lot of watered-down/less sophisticated content. In some ways, I think it suffers from something similar the recent WOT series from Amazon suffers from and that's rushed episodes, not taking time to immerse the audience, and attempting to oversimplify diverse and numerous plot lines. I'm not a reader of the series (have only just started the first book), but I feel as if the seasons could have done much better in focusing on character development of Geralt instead of so many others.

With the broad and large-scale plots, I believe the show is lacking in some ways. While readers or those who have played the video games may understand who is who and what lies and deceptions each of the characters might be engaging in (with the witches/mages and rulers), it is not always clear for someone just watching the show.
Exactly, they are trying to develop the long arc with Ciri and the mystical Wild Hunt, but at the same time they don't really allow breathing room for the world development. It is too character focused when they could have reeled back and allowed the large audience to understand this world better.

I have not read the books, nor played the games. I am enjoying the TV series immensely, and agree that it is all about the characters for me. I'll compare it to the Wheel of Time series. I watched the first episode of that and immediately wanted to know more about the world and mythos, so bought all 14 books to read (currently on the 5th). I knew right away that, like GoT, I'd want to have the book perspective first.
Why is The Witcher different? It is about Geralt and what he does that matters. He is the stable center of the series as I see it, the happenings of the world around him are secondary. I may pick up the books at some point, but I'd be more likely to do so if the series is curtailed.

Over the past few years, original Netflix series have found a way to pierce the pop culture veil and resonate with audiences, with fans eagerly anticipating new episodes. The streaming service's live-action adaptation of The Witcher can be counted safely among them, with the second season debuting to a lot of fan conversation late last year. Apparently, that conversation has also equated to some impressive viewership numbers, according to the most recent statistics published by Nielsen. According to their reporting, the two seasons of The Witcher have been watched for a total of 2,191 million minutes the week of December 13th through December 19th. This was vastly above Disney+'s Hawkeye, which had five episodes watched for 580 million minutes, and Amazon's The Wheel of Time, which had seven episodes watched for 467 million minutes.

This lines up with recently-released data from Netflix, which claimed that Season 2 of The Witcher has been viewed a total of 462.5 million hours in the first 28 days of its release. This makes it the seventh-biggest English language debut in the streamer's history.

Witcher Blood Origin. It comes out later, probably towards the end of the summer, early autumn. The synopsis claims that it'll show the time, when the first witcher arise. A LOT more elves!