The Crossing

I think if Continuum couldn't retain it's figures with its far more exciting premise and higher budget (I assume),

I can't find an official budget but I would be very surprised if Continuum cost more. I loved Continuum. It had one of the best 1st seasons ever. Still it was a Canadian show. The Crossing is ABC. Even though I can't find a budget for Continuum, it's easy to find them complaining about money. How their budget was cut every season.

The Mist has already been canceled.

I can't find an official budget but I would be very surprised if Continuum cost more. I loved Continuum. It had one of the best 1st seasons ever. Still it was a Canadian show. The Crossing is ABC. Even though I can't find a budget for Continuum, it's easy to find them complaining about money. How their budget was cut every season.

Ahah, I wasn't speaking from facts ;) but the produciton values - esp on the SFX of future world and all of Alex's lab stuff - seemed to be so much more polished than those of The Crossing.

Funny that I enjoyed all seasons of Continuum even without knowing the budget. I loved the way things evolved.

pH

He'll be a regular on Legends of Tomorrow next season.

Exactly. I'm glad he got in there and actually got big roles in two episodes of the last season. I didn't write about it because Flash, LoT and other CW series are what I watch to relax. I don't want to rave about DC universe even though I find it more interesting then Marvel stuff. There are other people who knows DC stuff much better then I could ever. I just never had money or time to invest into the DC knowledge that much.

The Crossing. I didn't even end up picking it in my Netflix subcriptions. Somehow it just passed my attention, hence I haven't written anything about it.

How many episodes are we suposed to have for this season ?

Looks like 11, at least on Wikipedia

The Crossing (TV series) - Wikipedia

1.07 Some Dreamers of the Golden Dream
How did a photo of Marshall get into a locket given to Hannah 180 years into the future? It must have come from one of Marshall's descendants,. Three or four generations down the road?

Poor Reese. I don't like those from the first arrivals.

The death of Marshall's mother is really suspect. Maybe she was killed because those from the future thought she could help the others ? Le't hope we can find out in the remaining episodes.

1.08 The Long Morrow
So much for Agent Ren's theoretical survival. She looked even more dead than when she was shot.
I guess it's tough to recover from being dead for 10 days and buried. That POS who shot her deserves to be shot herself for even thinking about sacrificing her adoring husband for the cause. She makes me wonder if the Apex are the real baddies here.
I noticed that the preview billed the next episode as the "season finale." That either means ABC has changed its mind about canceling the series (do they need to fill the gap left by dumping Roseanne?) , or the last episode will leave things so horribly unresolved that they don't dare call it the series finale.
The Wikipedia entry for the series lists three more episodes for the season. :unsure::unsure:

I noticed that the preview billed the next episode as the "season finale."

It said "Only one more episode until the finale." What I think they meant was after next week there is only one more episode until the finale. This would make some sense because IMDB has 11 episodes listed with names and descriptions.

1.08 The Long Morrow
So much for Agent Ren's theoretical survival. She looked even more dead than when she was shot.
I guess it's tough to recover from being dead for 10 days and buried. That POS who shot her deserves to be shot herself for even thinking about sacrificing her adoring husband for the cause. She makes me wonder if the Apex are the real baddies here.
I noticed that the preview billed the next episode as the "season finale." That either means ABC has changed its mind about canceling the series (do they need to fill the gap left by dumping Roseanne?) , or the last episode will leave things so horribly unresolved that they don't dare call it the series finale.
The Wikipedia entry for the series lists three more episodes for the season. :unsure::unsure:

Yep. They fooled me with those scenes shot outside the series.:p

As far as they showed us, the first wave of refugees are worst than the Apex. I wouldn't mind if Reece kicks her butt a little.

No. They confirmed the cancellation.
The Crossing: Cancelled; No Season Two for ABC Series - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

It said "Only one more episode until the finale." What I think they meant was after next week there is only one more episode until the finale. This would make some sense because IMDB has 11 episodes listed with names and descriptions.
I may have misheard what was said. Maybe a back-to-back of the last two episodes is planned as the finale,

Ah, but that was posted 8 days before Roseanne was axed. Color me "ever hopeful" (I imagine that to be a shade of sky blue). :D

It depends of the other series that ABC plans to move ahead. I'm happy they move forward with The Good Doctor for another season.

They left Eve out there, still killing around those from the 2nd wave. Plus, Sophie was one of the good ones and now she is like a zombie. Not fair.
The scene when Caleb finds his daughter and she recognize him is touching.

They left Eve out there, still killing around those from the 2nd wave. Plus, Sophie was one of the good ones and now she is like a zombie. Not fair./QUOTE]
That and a few other unanswered questions:
Will Diana find her wife? Why does Jude figure so prominently in history?
Looks like the show cancellation was a blindside. Then, maybe they just wanted to have a some "starter threads" for the next season -- just in case. :)

Jude was just like Marshall. Naomi knew he could save with Marshall the rest of the camp while she saved the others.
I'm sure Diana found her wife.
It's sad they cancelled the series when it became more interesting.

Revolution, Farscape, The Mist, The Expanse, The Clone Wars, American Gothic(1995) et al.

Why don't they cancel the crappy glittery vampire dross and Buffy-a-likes that saturate TV nowadays. It's so frustrating. (That's a rhetoric question, I don't need an answer before you tell me how popular they are with x-demographic)

One day, we geeks will rooooool the airwaves with all our own ish.

pH