The Crossing

ctg

weaver of the unseen

Set in modern-day fishing town in Washington state, The Crossing is about the arrival of 47 survivors claiming to have escaped a horrifying war that begins 150 years in the future—and the strange dangers that come with them that threaten to kick off the war in 2017 instead. It’s full of intriguing, and maybe even superpowered characters, if the leaping woman is anything to go by. It’s sort of like The 4400, but somehow even more grim and depressing from the get-go.

The Crossing is set to begin this fall.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/in-abcs-first-trailer-for-the-crossing-mysterious-migr-1795273514

The series premiered April 2 in the US. ABC must have needed something to fill a gap.
I missed the pilot. I'll have to look for it on demand and check it out.

Found the opener. Watched it. Liked it.
Now, if only the show can stay on the rails longer than Lost.

I watched the first episode. I was afraid that those saved from the water will transform themselves in zombies. I hate zombies !

They do have something in common with the 4400. I cannot say without spoiling it for you, so I will wait until you have the chance to watch it, too.

Saw part of it, wanted to see more but my wife wasn't interested. Seemed like something Stephen King would write.

I'm confused about Apex background history. So far they didn't look scary, so I don't understand why people choose to go back in time yet.

Did you watch last night. She seemed pretty scary and she's the nice Apex. From what we've already seen the rest of them kill every human they come across. Then there's the plague the created and released in the future for which there is no cure. I don't have any issues on why they want to come back.

She's nice unless you get between her and her daughter.
I was surprised at how easily the leader of the hit squad sent to terminate her was dispatched, despite his "experience" at Apex-killing. It seemed as if he was being set up to be the big, bad guy, who would follow his prey to the ends of the earth. Instead, he gets taken out by a log and a quick neck twist in his first encounter.
Disappointing.

She's nice unless you get between her and her daughter.
I was surprised at how easily the leader of the hit squad sent to terminate her was dispatched, despite his "experience" at Apex-killing. It seemed as if he was being set up to be the big, bad guy, who would follow his prey to the ends of the earth. Instead, he gets taken out by a log and a quick neck twist in his first encounter.
Disappointing.

Reece saved that girl and took care of her like she was her real daughter.
He was out of practise. He said he didn't meet any Apex in the last 10 years.

1.04 The Face of Oblivion
Shocking end!
Sporting a big, red gunshot wound in the back, Agent Ren looked seriously dead -- eyes open and motionless on the floor.
I didn't see the shot coming. The woman she was interviewing seemed to have convinced her that the time travelers were just a cult plus she had left the room at Ren's request to get supporting documents, rather than leaving on some pretext of her own to get her gun.
This was doubly surprising because I thought Ren and the sheriff were dancing around a romantic relationship. Maybe that role is being reserved for Reece.
Of course, Ren may yet survive; but her Homeland Security agent days are over, now that she knows her boss is one of them.

1.04 The Face of Oblivion
Shocking end!
Sporting a big, red gunshot wound in the back, Agent Ren looked seriously dead -- eyes open and motionless on the floor.
I didn't see the shot coming. The woman she was interviewing seemed to have convinced her that the time travelers were just a cult plus she had left the room at Ren's request to get supporting documents, rather than leaving on some pretext of her own to get her gun.
This was doubly surprising because I thought Ren and the sheriff were dancing around a romantic relationship. Maybe that role is being reserved for Reece.
Of course, Ren may yet survive; but her Homeland Security agent days are over, now that she knows her boss is one of them.

I hope she survives and help Reece and the sheriff. This early emigration group looks far more dangerous than the current one. I wonder what they are up to. Create the Apex programme maybe ?

i like this series so far!
damn. i dont know how to do that spoiler thang so i cant say more:eek: