I'm looking for a syfi book i read a few years back that i cannot remember the title or author to

hunterdc

In the book the two main characters are a boy and girl who have turned 18 against all odds being immune to a genetic virus or disease alien invaders released onto the earth that turns anyone older than 18 into mindless slaves who eventually loose all sanity and die. the girl knows how to construct "artifacts" out of everyday objects that have been brought back from another plane the aliens have brought to life. oh and there is a young girl who the 2 main characters save from the aliens who had been givin power from the aliens. oh and the aliens are energy beings who control walking machines that have 3 eyes.

Can't help you with the book, but I'll move this over to Book Search which is where we feed the more knowledgeable of our members who may know this book. In the meantime, do add anything else you can recall which may be of help, even something as simple as when you read it and whether it was a new or old novel at that time , since it all gives them more to work with.

Hi,

In some respects this reminds me of The White Mountains - John Christopher. Aliens controlling three "legged" machines or tripods. Humans enslaved - but by implants - which make them docile and ultimately destroy them.

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

In some respects this reminds me of The White Mountains - John Christopher. Aliens controlling three "legged" machines or tripods. Humans enslaved - but by implants - which make them docile and ultimately destroy them.

Cheers, Greg.
I dont think it is the tripods. In those books, people have a brain implant around adolescence which makes them passive but otherwise function normally. No alternative planes etc, just a plot to get inside the tripod cities to destroy them.

Back