Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1) now available for Kobo and Nook

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter

Just a heads up that Gathering (Chronicles if Empire 1) is now available as an ebook on both the Kobo and Nook platforms:

Nook (Barnes & Noble): Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1)

Kobo (UK): Gathering eBook by Brian G Turner - Kobo
Kobo (USA): Gathering eBook by Brian G Turner - Kobo
Kobo (Canada): Gathering eBook by Brian G Turner - Kobo
Kobo (Australia): Gathering eBook by Brian G Turner - Kobo

As at Amazon, it's only 99p/99c and will continue at this price until November this year, when it will go up to £1.99/$1.99.

My apologies for anyone in Canada and Australia looking for a paperback, as I can't provide those at the moment, but it's something I'm looking to do at some point in the future.

For those not familiar with it, it's a mediaeval epic fantasy with a science fiction twist, and is positively rated on Goodreads: Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1)

And my sincere thanks to everyone who has already bought a copy, and even reviewed it - I'll be giving you all a special gift at the end of this year. :)

Pardon the double post (I couldn't figure out how to edit my previous one).

Book is purchased. You are currently #3 in my queue and I will post a review. Thank you for letting us non-amazon people have access.

Let us know how this goes Brian. I made Primordial available on Kobo, Nook, Apple etc when I made it free and I have to say, I won't be releasing novels that way. In the two months or so that it's been on the other platforms I have seen something like 4 or 5 sales(free). It got Amazon for free not quite a month ago and has sold very well every day since. With low days being 1 or 2. Not a good experience with the other platforms.

Well, I'm throwing my hand in exclusively with Amazon now.

I have had a few sales with Nook, which was nice. However, one reader reported minor formatting errors. The problem is you need a Nook to see them - they don't show in any other program I use (HTML editors or Calibre), and they don't show in the B&N preview tool either.

I'm sure I mentioned somewhere before that the Nook preview tool wasn't accurately rendering the HTML, and when I contacted B&N about this they simply shrugged - there's not much front line support staff can do about that.

Kobo has seen no activity, and iBooks required such bending over backwards that I ended up just falling over and not continuing.

In the meantime, Amazon is the only ebook platform that appears to be actively seeking to expand its reach among consumers. And the potential for KDP enrollment to positively impact visibility on Amazon is just too much to ignore - especially if my other platform options are either not performing or technically flawed. So now I'll aim to become established on the biggest platform, rather than try to spread myself thin across too many.

So for the time being, Amazon only I'm afraid: https://www.sffchronicles.com/chroniclesofempire/