Judge Dredd: Mega City One

No, but I’d want it to be successful and we live in quite an unfortunate world where we need the Americans for it to be a success. I imagine this to be a very expensive production.

Karl Urban may not be finished playing Dredd just yet.

I've been watching The Boys recently and I have to say, he has to do better or then they have to allow him so latitude on removing the helmet. We all get why Joe cannot have a face, because he's mostly emotionless unless if you read into the story and see it's all about him doing the right thing.

It's just when you see him throwing the looks in The Boys as the Butcher it's magnificent, because those silent moment throws out a lot of angst, hatred and stone cold hardness. We know Dredd as a big softy with a hard exterior, but when you look at it, he has saved the Mega-city and it's people more than once and he has even co-operated with the creeps like Mean Machine. Not that he liked it, but it's very, very hard to do it with a helmet on.

The only real choice for me would be Clint Eastwood, the younger one or otherwise you have to give some room for Mr Urban to do his thing.

I don't think Dredd will be allowed to remove his helmet. Ever. It's Rebellion that's producing this, not Hollywood. I'm good with that. But that's also the reason why the series won't have Dredd as the focus. The Judges will be able to remove their helmets as they deem fit.

I do hope they go back to the 2000AD costume though.