Judge Dredd: Mega City One

There was a Judge Dredd comic where the story was originally set about 100 years before the story in 2000 AD with the original Judge Dredd, it then moved on to the usual time period with The Justice Department needing a solution to the crime problem so they cloned Dredd and brought him back. So as Dredd is actually ageing cloning isn’t an unknown idea. To put into perspective how old Dredd must be, I was about 10 when 2000AD started I am now 51.

That would have been amazing. Story, Helmet, and number of chain links aside, the 1996 film portrayed the look of big Meg pretty well.

Wasn't the role of Judge Dredd also offered to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mell Gibson ?

It may have been, but I wanted Dolph Lundgren as Dredd at that time. He had the perfect chin for it I thought.

Dolph Lundgren is not a bad actor. I think he could played have Dredd.

Apart from the helmet removal, Stallone’s effort is something of a guilty pleasure of mine. I think it’s underrated. Mega City 1 looked great. My only other gripe was that it was played up the comedy, which I don’t think suited the movie at all. Still watchable and still enjoyable.

Very exciting to read about this. But I will try to keep my expectations low. There are great series these days, and also a lot of disappointments. Comic based stories tend to look a bit silly on TV. Things you overlook in comics but seem to jar when being presented as realistic. Hopefully they keep the graphics and scenery quality high, and don't make it too bizarre. It could be Bladerunner esque but with more action. But don't do something like a Training Day series which cashes in on a big name but it has a mundane storyline.
As other mention there should be some overarching plot lines as well as the likely baddy of the week.

This IM Global company doesn't seem to be associated with any already big released series as far as I know. There are various series on their website. I'm not sure if some are made yet.

Regarding helmet removal, well if it shows a scene of him at home it is going to happen..

Regarding helmet removal, well if it shows a scene of him at home it is going to happen..

Dredd doesn't have a home so that isn't an issue.

I feel a giant asteroid moving towards me for quoting this

walt86a.jpg

Dredd Alert: Judge Dredd: Crime And Punishment

The helmet will never come off.

You had to go and bring Walter into this.

:giggle: Yes I had to, because that scene has been burned in my mind and it just doesn't disappear. There aren't many other scenes that has made such an impact. Well, there is one, and that is seeing Judges wearing underwear with heart shapes in it, during the Megacity 2 scene. It didn't help that Judge Cal also gave them huge lollipops. :LOL:

Oh.. then in the unnecessary shower scene.

Note the eagle shaped brush!

:giggle: Yes I had to, because that scene has been burned in my mind and it just doesn't disappear. There aren't many other scenes that has made such an impact. Well, there is one, and that is seeing Judges wearing underwear with heart shapes in it, during the Megacity 2 scene. It didn't help that Judge Cal also gave them huge lollipops. :LOL:

Note the eagle shaped brush!
Oh god, I forgot about the lolliies. :rolleyes:

I get that and I have the same feeling when I write my characters. The stuff they go through is dark and I do wonder how they cope with things. So, even if they don't show the emotion in the situation, they show it later as it's layered in the story. All the conflicts Dredd goes through are very hard, but as long as he has that helmet on, he keeps pushing. You could call it as his safety blanket, if you will. Take it out and you will see tears. Even fear. Let him keep it and Dredd will take you through hard rock.

Dredd for all of his hardness , is likable and so is Anderson.

Well, a script has been written, but there will be delays in production.

They could already start making the mega-city in CGI and all that stuff. The shooting is important, but not as important as making it all look good.

That really is great news. I really enjoyed Urban's outing as Dredd and hopefully it'll attract more of an American audience.