Judge Dredd: Mega City One

Some concept art for the new series.

Ooh ... the democracy marches. So much potential and promise there. Excuse me, I may have to go read America again ...

Last edited:
It's fantastic. Wonderful artwork by Kevin McNeil, too. The scene where the pro-Dem's ambush the Judges I always found unforgettable. But the story has so many great moments.

Karl Urban on the Judge Dredd role:

Well, Rebellion, who owns the rights to Judge Dredd, are currently developing a television series called Mega-City One, and I’ve had many discussions with them about my involvement of which I am interested, and I said to them, ‘Listen, if you write a character that has a function and a purpose and contributes to the overall story, then I might be very interested in reprising that role.’ I certainly wouldn’t want to step into it and just pay lip service to the movie. There has to be some material there that warrants further exploration of that character. So the ball’s in their court.
Karl Urban Reveals What It'd Take to Play Judge Dredd Again

The city of the future is moving ever closer.

As revealed by 2000 AD and Judge Dredd owners Rebellion at San Diego Comic-Con Saturday afternoon, preparation for the television series Judge Dredd: Mega-City One is progressing apace, with the news that the pilot script and plot for the show’s first two years have been completed — and a name familiar to Dredd fans is attached to both.

Rob Williams, who has written the character for 2000 AD for years — including working on such important stories as “Trifecta,” “Titan” and the “Enceladus” cycle — is the creative lead for the pilot for the show, which focuses on the authoritarian police force in the overcrowded giant city that encompasses the majority of the East Coast of the United States. He also worked with a group of writers on the plot for the show’s first couple of seasons. Despite the title, Dredd will not be the sole focus on the show, which will instead be an ensemble drama.
Comic Writer Rob Williams Has Completed 'Judge Dredd' Pilot Script

“It’s been really exciting to be working with Rob on the pilot,” Jenkins said in a statement. “We have a really talented team here at Rebellion Productions and I’m really proud of them. Jason and I have been busy looking at locations and laying out season one as we gear up, to move forward into pre-production.”

Kingsley added, “I’ve read the pilot script by Rob and the team, and got that same thrill I did when I first discovered Judge Dredd. As we drive this project forward I’m always surprised by how much effort goes on behind-the-scenes to bring something like Mega-City One to the screen. I’m very pleased with how the whole project is coming together and looking forward to more exciting announcements in the coming months.”

I'd love to have a look at that script.

I bet. Honestly I wouldn't do it as it would spoil you the chance of seeing the final product with fresh eyes. We all know Dredd, Death, Anderson and ABC warriors stories. It will intriguing to see what they can do with the rich source material and their own imagination.

I hope it will be something stunning. And not just for 2000AD fans.

And with the announcement of a Rogue Trooper film it would be perfect to release both at around the same time.

with the announcement of a Rogue Trooper film

I'd like another Rogue Trooper game. A movie isn't going to make justice, just like it's not going to work for Judge Death or Anderson. I hope they go bold and show other stuff like TechJudges. LandRaiders and alien species walking in the megacity. I doubt they will include Nemesis in the series.

I'd like another Rogue Trooper game. A movie isn't going to make justice, just like it's not going to work for Judge Death or Anderson. I hope they go bold and show other stuff like TechJudges. LandRaiders and alien species walking in the megacity. I doubt they will include Nemesis in the series.
If the film is even remotely successful a game will almost undoubtedly follow.

They won't show Dredd's face in the series.

They never show Joe's face anyways. You always see his mighty chin.
That would be heresy. It's one of the things that makes Stallone's version a failure.

Not seeing his face . Im sorry, but that's one aspect of Judge Dredd that I never liked .

Last edited:
Not seeing his face . Im sorry, but that's one aspect of Judge Dredd that I never liked .

Look at this as an example,

urban%2Bdredd.JPG

If you would give him a face, you would make him more human. Now, as you look at him, Dredd is the face of the law. He does not have emotions. Instead you have to read into the dialogue and narrative to realise that Joe has a heart in his chest. And it beats for humanity. But with Anderson, you get instant emotion.

latest

They are very different Judges, but Dredd is the one that is hundred percent on side of the law, even if it's wrong and it makes him to do terrible things. There are also times when you read into Dredd's face, and you can sense behind that visor a man thinking very hard for the reasons of why and what for. It's when he opens his mouth, Dredd has to be that Dirty Harry everyone is scared off.

At home Dredd has Walter the War Robot. And there are many lub-lub love stories around his robot and the man, who cannot show his face. It's all part of his image. Most of the time, it's the other people who has carry his emotions through the narrative. Like for example,

timthumb.php

Look at this as an example,

urban%2Bdredd.JPG

If you would give him a face, you would make him more human. Now, as you look at him, Dredd is the face of the law. He does not have emotions. Instead you have to read into the dialogue and narrative to realise that Joe has a heart in his chest. And it beats for humanity. But with Anderson, you get instant emotion.

latest

They are very different Judges, but Dredd is the one that is hundred percent on side of the law, even if it's wrong and it makes him to do terrible things. There are also times when you read into Dredd's face, and you can sense behind that visor a man thinking very hard for the reasons of why and what for. It's when he opens his mouth, Dredd has to be that Dirty Harry everyone is scared off.

At home Dredd has Walter the War Robot. And there are many lub-lub love stories around his robot and the man, who cannot show his face. It's all part of his image. Most of the time, it's the other people who has carry his emotions through the narrative. Like for example,

timthumb.php
You should be driven into the Cursed Earth for bringing up Walter.

Reactions: ctg