Wreck It Ralph (2012)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
What, no dedicated thread on this film? :)

IMO this is such a clever film on so many levels. I love the cross-genre storyline especially, and it has a great sense of humour.

I wonder how many other people see it as being ultimately about social class, though?

I saw it about a year ago when I was stuck for things to watch during a flight, and enjoyed it a lot more than I'd expected to (though probably, as is usual with me, only on one level). One bit of it was about the most heartbreaking thing I'd ever seen in a film.

Got it on DVD when it was first released for eldest grandson.
Now it's a regular event for me and three year old grandson to snuggle up and watch, with a mega bag of jelly babies

Great film.

Hadn't thought about it before but I can see the references to class now you bring it up.

Or more generally just the defiance of social norms.

Aerith lives!

I played a lot of late 80s and 90s computer games as a child, so I was looking forward to this. I was disappointed however. There were a couple of laugh out loud moments - I remember one with Bowser. The young female protagonist was too annoying to be likeable for most of the film.

I saw Pixels, with low expectations, and enjoyed that more than Wreck-It Ralph. It definitely made me laugh more.

6/10 for Wreck-It Ralph, 7/10 for Pixels.

Personally I loved Wreck It Ralph! It was one of the more clever and heartwarming Disney movies as of late!

My dad would say the same, but he fell asleep before it started.