First reviews - Waters and the Wild

I've just turned green. I would, literally, kill for reviews like that. Fantastic result Jo, good going. It couldn't happen to a nicer writer. Hugh congrats.

So I've just been idling through a few member books on Amazon to see how many reviews they have, and wandered into Jo Zebedee's page on Amazon. And saw Waters and the Wild on sale for 99p.

The description of this book doesn't interest me at all - but I couldn't help but look at the preview. And, by 'eck, what a cracking opener! I've therefore bought it and plan to read it. I suspect it may surprise me, but even if I don't enjoy it, I'm going to use it as a learning guide to the use of emotional intensity and visceral reactions. :)

So I've just been idling through a few member books on Amazon to see how many reviews they have, and wandered into Jo Zebedee's page on Amazon. And saw Waters and the Wild on sale for 99p.

The description of this book doesn't interest me at all - but I couldn't help but look at the preview. And, by 'eck, what a cracking opener! I've therefore bought it and plan to read it. I suspect it may surprise me, but even if I don't enjoy it, I'm going to use it as a learning guide to the use of emotional intensity and visceral reactions. :)

Ah, cool - cheers. I think anyone expecting a fairy-fantasy style story might get a surprise. Strangely it’s more popular that my others with many of those who’ve read it but it’s a hard little one to sell :) I hope you enjoy it :)

I really enjoyed Waters and the Wild. Every time I fired up my e-reader, I was excited to read on. Poor Amy near the end! Just as I thought her pain was over, the pain and tension was ramped up again and again. As for the ending, I like to believe fairies are real.

I'd like to visit the waterfall and caves, assuming they're real places. I think I saw them on one of your blog posts Jo?

I don't read many novels (last year, Nineteen Eighty-Four was my sole novel and that because I was on the island where Orwell wrote it), but Waters and the Wild has made me want to start another immediately. I don't know what. I thought maybe Windows by D.G. Compton, as I enjoyed The Continuous Katherine Mortenhoe, it's predecessor. But the Windows opening doesn't intrigue me much.

Maybe I should stick to Jo. I bought Abendau's Heir a while ago. (y)

I really enjoyed Waters and the Wild. Every time I fired up my e-reader, I was excited to read on. Poor Amy near the end! Just as I thought her pain was over, the pain and tension was ramped up again and again. As for the ending, I like to believe fairies are real.

I'd like to visit the waterfall and caves, assuming they're real places. I think I saw them on one of your blog posts Jo?

I don't read many novels (last year, Nineteen Eighty-Four was my sole novel and that because I was on the island where Orwell wrote it), but Waters and the Wild has made me want to start another immediately. I don't know what. I thought maybe Windows by D.G. Compton, as I enjoyed The Continuous Katherine Mortenhoe, it's predecessor. But the Windows opening doesn't intrigue me much.

Maybe I should stick to Jo. I bought Abendau's Heir a while ago. (y)
Hooray, thank you! yes, all the locations in the book are real - the caves were used in Game of Thrones, when Melisandre gave birth to the shadow baby. :)

Abendau is very, very different from Waters, but I will have a new book out next year, called The Wildest Hunt, which is similar in feel. :)

One of my favourite stories from your flash collection was set in either the Abendau or Inish Carraig world. I think it was the latter. I think you wrote an intro thinking people who hadn't read the novel might not get it? I could be wrong.

One of my favourite stories from your flash collection was set in either the Abendau or Inish Carraig world. I think it was the latter. I think you wrote an intro thinking people who hadn't read the novel might not get it? I could be wrong.
I I think the intro to both is in Flash. Inish’s shows an invasion happening in Belfast, Abendau is rather more quirky, showing a man escaping a prism cell by using the paths of the future. :) (And someone actually read Flash!? Well done! :D)

Ah, it was the Inish one then. I don't think I've read the Abendau one yet. I've read about 60% of the flash collection according to my e-reader, so I'm not quite there yet. ;) I do dip in and out of anthologies - I probably have around ten on the go on my e-reader, plus a few physical books.

Ah, it was the Inish one then. I don't think I've read the Abendau one yet. I've read about 60% of the flash collection according to my e-reader, so I'm not quite there yet. ;) I do dip in and out of anthologies - I probably have around ten on the go on my e-reader, plus a few physical books.
lnish is by far my most popular book. I might see about finally finishing its sequel later this year, but I have two ahead of it first. :)

It's weird this comes up again. I just dreamed about Inish Carraig a few nights ago (I was in the story, with the events happening around me). I woke up and took a few minutes trying to place those ideas until I remembered why that story seemed so familiar. :D Its been years since I read Inish Carraig, but I'm thinking of rereading it now.

Overall, I would say Waters and the Wild is my favorite of your stories. I like the tone and scenery, as well as the handling of the main character's issues.

It's weird this comes up again. I just dreamed about Inish Carraig a few nights ago (I was in the story, with the events happening around me). I woke up and took a few minutes trying to place those ideas until I remembered why that story seemed so familiar. :D Its been years since I read Inish Carraig, but I'm thinking of rereading it now.

Overall, I would say Waters and the Wild is my favorite of your stories. I like the tone and scenery, as well as the handling of the main character's issues.
It’s my least read book but has a lot of fans of those who’ve read it.
First time anyone’s dreamt of being in one of my books. That’s made my day!