Favorite Visions of the Future in Literature, Movies and Television that Have Been Rendered Obsolete

I have been hungry and thirsty and what I did never surprised me. My point was that the Earth has nearly attained these population levels (quick check - currently 7.2 billion) without drastic consequences.
Ah, my mistake... although, regarding Soylent Green (vs. the non-cannibalistic story it was based off of "Make Room! Make Room!"), the primary premise was ecological collapse or loss of resources (and population) respectively that was the source of the problem. Overpopulation was a sidebar in Soylent Green to simply exasperate the problem.

In any case, I see your point.

K2

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
In Back to the Future 2 they went forward to October 21, 2015. I'm still waiting for a hoverboard (not those with wheels) but maybe not for Jaws 17.
Given the quick drop of of quility, Im rather glad we didn't get Jaws 17 .:D

Stories about humans struggling to survive a million years in the future as the coal-fired sun burns out.

Obviously the bikini-clad Martian princesses and Venusian dinosaurs who would have quadrupled NASA's budget overnight as soon as we got pictures of them.