Three stories, one book, small Fibonacci spiral reference

Brently Dixon

There's three different stories in this book, I can vaguely remember two. And at some point it subtly mentions the Fibonacci spiral.
1. There's a father and his daughter that move into an insane asylum and the daughter meets a patient/patients(?) and becomes friends with a man, but the father wants her to stay in her room. Meanwhile she keeps running around.
2. A man wakes up on a space ship, because he volunteered to do maintenance for this trip, but he discovers that people are starting to die too soon. He also figures out that the government lied about the math and the people being able to make it to their destination. And while he's awake he "sees" himself and passes out hitting his head which then causes something else.

TBH I'd never heard of the Fibonacci spiral until reading the DaVinci code. Clearly not your book of three stories.

How long ago approximately did you read it?
Was it, as far as you know, a new book at the time of your reading?
Thanks
Danny

There's three different stories in this book, I can vaguely remember two. And at some point it subtly mentions the Fibonacci spiral.
1. There's a father and his daughter that move into an insane asylum and the daughter meets a patient/patients(?) and becomes friends with a man, but the father wants her to stay in her room. Meanwhile she keeps running around.
2. A man wakes up on a space ship, because he volunteered to do maintenance for this trip, but he discovers that people are starting to die too soon. He also figures out that the government lied about the math and the people being able to make it to their destination. And while he's awake he "sees" himself and passes out hitting his head which then causes something else.

The last one sounds like something I heard on the radio recently, where someone is woken on a ship and thinks he sees a ghost, which turns out to be himself and the whole thing is something about him being operated on by the ship's medical bay with help from a copy of his mind and personality stored in the ship (IIRC). Could be a Ray Bradbury short story as they were doing a few of those recently or someone completely different - I'll see if google throws anything up.

TBH I'd never heard of the Fibonacci spiral until reading the DaVinci code. Clearly not your book of three stories.

How long ago approximately did you read it?
Was it, as far as you know, a new book at the time of your reading?
Thanks
Danny
I read it about a year ago, but I'm pretty sure it's an older book.