Thor 3: Ragnarok

Was literally just about to post this! Already watched it multiple times.

The Thor films are probably my least favourite bit of the MCU, but this...everything about this looks brilliant! Cate Blanchett as Hela, yes. Taika Waititi's amazing direction, YES. And who doesn't love a bit of the Jeff Goldblum.

And that last line in the trailer just kills me :ROFLMAO:

Looks really promising with a lot of action, explosing things, humour and nice bad a**s to keep us busy for a couple of hours. And that music, wow ! Chris Hemsworth as Thor, changing his look, oh yeah baby !:D

The only bad news is that we have to wait until October to see it.

I don't like the fact that they mixed in Planet Hulk but forgot completely New Mutants or Beta Ray Bill as they were pretty crucial people to solve the Ragnarok saga.

i cannot wait for thor... its my must watch movie of 2017... yep even above Star Wars.

I hadn't seen any Thor films (aside from his Avengers appearances) until I watched Dark World last week.

I definitely prefer Ragnarok, but I was a bit unsure about it. It looks great on the whole (one of the simplest scenes was one of the worst-looking, when Thor is
in Norway with Odin). As a comedy, it was excellent. The Matt Damon cameo near the start was fantastic - maybe even funnier than David Hasselhoff in GotG2. But it seems the laughs have come at the expense of any tension - it spoils the tone a lot of the time. I enjoyed the Captain Strange and Hulk appearances, despite not enjoying the former's film.

The constant use of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song was annoying.

I wasn't sure about the whole
Loki will-he-won't-he be a good guy which must have been going on for a while - it's become a bit tiresome, and I'm still not sure. How can you ever trust someone who has betrayed that trust so many times?

Definitely not one of my favourite of the post-2000 superhero films, but on the next tier (which puts it behind Wonder Woman and GotG2 for this year). I've never really been a reader of comics, but Ragnarok seemed one of the most comic-book-esque of all the recent films, which I did like.

Last edited:
A bit of background...

I have been reading comics since I was a nipper back in '69 and have now moved on to the point were I sell them for a living. I am therefore predisposed to like just about anything that's realised on the big screen.

That being said, I defy you to find a more enjoyable film this year. It's not the best film of the year, but it sure as hell leaves you with the biggest grin when you wander out again into the night air. Some of the flaws are obvious, but none of them are fatal. Yes, the tone is light in so many places, sometimes at the expense of tension, but when it HAS to go full-on metal, I think Ragnarok delivers.

Blanchett, Goldblum, Hiddleston and, surprisingly, Hemsworth, deliver great performances, hamming it up when needed, but never descending into parody.

One point regarding Immigrant Song...it's used twice, I think, but very differently. Early doors, it's used when a very brash, arrogant Thor is doing his thing and winning the day as he fully expected he would do. The second time, though, it really does mean something...everything's on the line at that point and the words 'Valhalla I am coming' are probably where his head is at.

I was a bit mixed on this one. I enjoyed it, and the humour we good throughout, but I felt there was too much of it and it destroyed a lit of tension. It made it hard to feel intimidated by the guy Thor fights in the beginning when he kept joking around.
I also liked Dr.stranges cameo, but it felt like his part of the movie could have been resolved without him, making the whole scene an excuse to have Thor and strange meet

I thought this was excellent. Easily the best Thor movie so far and certainly in my top five Marvel movies.

A lot of laugh out loud moments for me, especially from Krunk. Good designs, good special effects.

I've found most of the Marvel films disappointing but I did enjoy Ragnarok. From what I've seen I think this along with the first two Captain America movies are probably the best Marvel studios has produced.
It made it hard to feel intimidated by the guy Thor fights in the beginning when he kept joking around.
I saw the whole fighting, joking, Immigrant Song opening sequence as simply a rehash of the beginning of GOTG2 and Mr Blue Sky(which I didn't like at all).

Ragnarok was really funny, if we leave aside battles and the destruction of Asgard. Definetely my favorite of the Thor trilogy.

Loved this one.hilarious.
did anyone see the spoof ad Hemsworth did?
loved it too!