Industrial Horror anthology, Whirling World...

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
Delighted also announce the Industrial Horror anthology edited by Dean M Drinkel is ready to go. Contracts going out next week, cover done. Can’t wait for this.

This was what Dean asked for in the brief:

“We want stories that will push boundaries (not in terms of extreme gore and violence, necessarily), the entwining of flesh and stark machinery, techno-industrial dystopias, twisted conceptions of body and enhanced beauty, Cronenbergian nightmares, Kafkaesque metamorphoses, posthuman realities, the decay of body, mind, spirit and reason, innumerable sexualities.

We want illogical extrapolations of present social realities, re-envisioning of industrial pasts, where factory and humanity become indistinguishable, where both lines and flesh are blurred.

We certainly don’t just want the usual tired old tropes, if possible: what we want is the disturbing, the challenging, the absurdist, the blackly comedic, the infuriating, the horrific, the abnormal. Here, flesh is reshaped, both voluntarily and involuntarily, a world where gods and demons have assumed corporeality, where humans have either integrated fully into a seething mass of metal, electronics and skin, or have been rejected as the parasitic lifeform it is. In other words, just let your imagination run wild, be experimental with word and structure, and go into areas where the warning lights constantly flash an angry red and life is always a breath away from being extinguished…”

WW-cover-1-small.jpg

Must resist purchase....must...resist.......

Damn! It's no good.

This one's got a scope that's far too interesting to pass by so I can't see me not buying a copy:)

Back