Discussion Thread -- April 2017 75-word Writing Challenge

I'm in...hope mine isn't too gross! Good writing, all, CC

It seems to be a pattern with me, but I always seem to get the seed of an idea very early on, and it just won't leave me alone until it's written.

It's a great theme, though. Looking forward to reading the entries this month!:)

Ummmm, Fantasy..... Play, hobbies, and other leisure activities ..... Parson shutters ..... I'm not much good at either category! So.... on to the reviews.

@BigJ .... is engineering humans and probably improving the species with his axe, still there's something strange about "The Human Engineer."

@Cat's Cradle .... remembers that humans have always been over concerned with sports, and on this day their lack of structural integrity led to the destruction of the Dwarves and Goblins "Sporting Truce."

@Talysia .... Takes aim the famous English fox hunts as she sees the tables turned and everyone wonders "Who Is the Prey Now?"

So, I hope my offering isn't to low brow for our esteemed company :eek:
I don't often (read ever) try my hand at comedy, and I guess this entry will judge how long until I try again:confused: but the theme fitted to well for the idea to go to waste.

Hmm... a weekend to think and so far nothing, nada, zilch. I can't even force out a Dark Lord tale. This is troubling.

@LittleStar .... shows us that future entertainment may well become very expensive and life changing. When that happens the only response is "Craps."

@Cathbad .... shows a world where the prevailing entertainment make the Roman circuses look like a dilettante version of the real thing, which can only be called "The Brawl Bowl."

Already a few people playing Blood Bowl it looks like!

Eureka, hallelujah and all that jazz.

After having some bloke at work regale me with a tale about his glorious golfing weekend inspiration struck.

I'm with the Dark Lord on this one.

The Human Engineer, @BigJ – Human cloning turns out to be an ill-advised pastime in this disturbing tale of duplicitous duplicates.

A Sporting Truce, @Cat's Cradle – Battles usually hinge on ‘strength of arms’, not ‘strength of heads’, but this story of cranial calamity proves that conflicts cannot always be resolved by using your head.

Who is the prey now? @Talysia – Sound the horns! The hunter becomes the hunted in this vicious tale of vulpine vengeance.

Craps! @LittleStar – It’s less ‘role playing’ than ‘roll-in-the-hay playing’ in this story of dicing with damsels that brings new meaning to the term ‘rolling a fumble’.

The Brawl Bowl, @Cathbad – A famous sportsman once said ‘It’s not a matter of life and death, it’s more important than that.’ In this story, it is both.

The grand idiotic old game, @Luiglin – Fun is par for the course in this amusing tale that brings the absurdities of golf to the fore. The Dark Lord still has a fairway to go, it seems.

@Luiglin .... Takes the finest and most honorable gentleperson's game in existence and turns the Dark Lord and a Minion loose on it. The results are predictable it becomes "The Grand" strike that, The Idiotic Old Game.

(Full Disclosure: Parson is an avid golfer, but will admit that it is not relaxing. What it does do it forces you to stop thinking about your other problems.)

Back