DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2017 300-word Writing Challenge (#25)

I'm making progress. I'm down to only needing to get rid of 61 words. After that, I just have to make sure the words are in the right order.

Wow - lots of great entries already.:)

That was tough. I'm still convinced that I've forgotten something or miscounted the amount of words, although I guess everyone feels like that.:lol:

So many great stories have been posted. On the first day of entry, no less.

I should get mine up by the end of the day. It's over 500 hundred words right now, but chipping it down to 300 shouldn't be a problem.

Cant wait to see the rest.

Victoria Silverwolf . That has gotta be one of the saddest things ever!
I'm thinking of comparisons here - maybe the end of The Champ as the kid tries to wake Jon Voigt. Or perhaps Little House on the Prairie when HalfPints dog died. Whatever, you have slain my emotions with those few paragraphs. Respect

farntfar -- By providing only subtle hints of menace, the author creates a truly frightening psychological horror story.

AlexH -- The power of a modern myth fills this vividly imagined tale of supernatural terror.

Cathbad -- Through dialogue alone two convincing characters are brought to life in this suspenseful chiller.

Wruter -- With great empathy a portrait of the protagonist emerges in this offbeat character study.

mosiax -- A completely new look at a classic theme of literature can be found in this clever story with a twist in its tail.

Talysia -- Past and present meet in this intriguing depiction of modern technology and ancient beings.

@ChrisG - an excellent picture. Mysterious looking, while pleasantly colorful. Well done sir.

Restless nights combined with haunting thoughts about the photo, fueled my mind with an idea that I felt I had to post early this morning.

Cracking photo... Back in a bit... :)

Back